cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

workitem missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In approver's inbox, after open his workitem there are two buttons, one is approve and second is reject in screen itself. if he approves/rejects mails going.

but if he does not take any one of these aprove/reject,suppose if he cancel/goes back from the screen then the workitem is missing in his inbox,later if he wants to take any action he needs the same workitem in his inbox.

what i have to do to keep same workitem in his inbox.

hope you understand my issue.

Regards,

PS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Here cancel refers to withdraw and goes back refers to " revise" , is it?

If yes the workitem cannot exist in the inbox.

But if it is just closing the workitem window and still it vanishes, then the corresponding workflow template needs to be checked.

Hope thsi helps,

Best Regards,

Saujanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. There is no cancel button (for revise) on customised screen, here only approve/reject buttons

(we will have standard buttons like back(f3)/cancel(f12)/exit(shift+f3), if he selects any one of these then workitem is missing in inbox)

2. approver dont want take any action like approve/rejection right now.later he will take action, so at this stage he will select above any of standard buttons.now if he selects any one of these then workitem is missing in inbox

3. workitem is coming to approver's inbox no problem here, even attachment screen also opening in workitem, after open the attachment, he will take action approve/reject. But in some cases approver will not take action, later will take action.

Regards,

PS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Then check the workflow template , for which event the buttons are configured.May be its because "Click" event of any button leading to the removal of the workitem in the inbox.

Did u check in the log of the workflow, the status of the workitem is changed or not ?

Best Regards,

Saujanya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

status is changing after he takes action either approve or reject.

no events here for approve and rejection

calling workflow in program as in below

CASE OK-CODE.

WHEN 'BACK'.

CLEAR OK-CODE.

SET SCREEN 0.

LEAVE SCREEN.

WHEN 'EXIT'.

CLEAR OK-CODE.

SET SCREEN 0.

LEAVE SCREEN.

WHEN 'CANCEL'.

CLEAR OK-CODE.

SET SCREEN 0.

LEAVE SCREEN.

WHEN 'APPROVED'.

SWW_WI_START_SIMPLE

WHEN REJECT

SWW_WI_START_SIMPLE

WHEN 'BACK'./WHEN 'CANCEL'/WHEN 'EXIT' in any one these if manager takes action then workitem missing.

i described about this issue already.

please where i did mistake.

Regards,

PS

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The way you created your screen means the task is always completed whatever action is taken. In the task you need to set Confirm end of processing so the user has to explicitly end the workitem.

Another option would be to check the result of the task to see which action is taken on the screen and loop back to replace the task if it is not completed.

Regards,

Martin

former_member184112
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

It seems you can solve your problem yourself by testing one by one like

put a comment at SET SCREEN 0 or LEAVE SCREEN..

First Debug your program. and using /h (Debug) before checking in inbox

Thanks and Regards,

Prabhakar Dharmala

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi martin,

But my client not accepting this confirm end of processing. what can

check the result means like using multiple condition/multiple container to store the actions.

But how to replace the task after completion.

hi prabhakar,

>comment at SET SCREEN 0 or LEAVE SCREEN..

as you said i hope this is not problem with these statements,

>First Debug your program. and using /h (Debug) before checking in inbox

debug also cant solve my problem, i usualy test with debug mode any time.

Regards,

PS

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

KKilhavn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> what i have to do to keep same workitem in his inbox.

Normally you just call the macro "exit_cancelled" in your BOR object method. Is that an option in your case?

I would put the screen in a function group (not a report) and let the function module you call from your object method return information about how the user left the screen (via save, or via back/exit/cancel without saving).