model dc refresh problem

hadar_morchi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have two DCs ,

one is being used as a model Dc.

the other one is a UI DC .

I have used a model from the model_DC in the UI_DC .

all worked fine.

when I added a new fields to the RFC , reimported the model ,

rebuild the DC , restarted the J2ee , reused the model DC in the ui dc ...

I have an error saying :

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError

The WEB Dynpro environment cant find the get method of field ...

any ideas ?

10x in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hadar,

Just remove the mappings view>controller and controller>model.

Redefine the mappings. Save the metadata. Rebuild your DC and then try to access it.

Regards,

Murtuza

hadar_morchi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Murtuza,

10x for Replying !

by "Redefining the mappings" , I will delete of of my manually created Nodes [Nodes that I have created manually and not a reflection from the BAPI ... ]

They have also a supply functions ...

is there a way of "Redefining the mappings" without losing all of my prior setting ?

Hadar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hadar,

I think only the model nodes mappings need to be redefined and other nodes will be intact.

Regards,

Murtuza

hadar_morchi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Murtuza,

can u tell me exactly how to do so ?

should I go to the view controller screen and delete the lines connecting the model to the controller ?

Hadar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hadar,

1. Open DataModeler (Right click on the component name and select Open Data Modeler).

2. Remove the link from view to controller.

3. Remove the link from controller and model.

Remember, we are not removing or deleting any context thus your supply function and everything will be intact. Now, just redefine the mappings as per your requirement again.

4. Save Metadata.

5. Rebuild.

Regards,

Murtuza

hadar_morchi
Participant
0 Kudos

Well ... this is exactly what I was trying to do ... but that's my problem :

After Remove the link from view to controller [step 2 in your message ] the web Dynpro environment has created an automatic link between my model and the view ...

when I try to delete this link [line ...] I cannot do that [no delete option is available from the line context menu ... ]

Any ideas ?

[10x again for the effort !!!!]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hadar,

You have to delete first view to controller mapping and then controller to model mappings.

Regards,

Murtuza

hadar_morchi
Participant
0 Kudos

Well... This is exactly what I did .

still, as i mention earlier after deleting the view to controller mapping , the web Dynpro environment had created an automatic link between my model and the view ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hadar,

You mean to say that now you are having only a single link between view and model. So, now you need to delete the model context binded to the model node manually from the view and then try removing the link.

Note: only remove the model nodes binded from the view and then remove the link.

Warm Regards,

Murtuza

hadar_morchi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Murtuza ,

Thanks for your endless patience

By saying : "you need to delete the model context binded to the model node manually from the view and then try removing the link."

Do you mean that I'll delete the node from the context or delete the link that context the view node with the model node ?

I've tried to delete the link itself but it cant be done [there is no option of "Delete" when right clicking the link .... ]

Hadar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hadar,

Yes rightly told by you, you won't be able to remove that link instead you have to delete that mapped node/attribute itself and re-map it.

I would suggest drag the same model node from the model context to your controller context while you remap it as that would reduce your task to some extent.

Regards,

Murtuza

hadar_morchi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Murtuza,

So .... here we are back again to the start point .

because under the RFC /BAPI nodes I have a manual nodes that contain my supply function ... I cannot delete them ...

Hadar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hadar,

Just try doing this:

1. Remove the model from the used Model in your component. This will remove all the mappings from the backend and will keep your nodes as it is.

2. Again add the model as used Model in your component and then move ahead.

Hope, you find luck this time

Regards,

Murtuza

hadar_morchi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Murtuza,

I have tried it ... no luck

[the link between the view and the model is automatically created when clicking the model usage again ...]

I think I'll give up and recreate the supply function

Thanks a lot for your time and good advices

Warm regards,

Hadar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

I made the experience that you don't have to delete anything!!! You just have to RELOAD your project which has already a connection to the public part of the model by the used DCs.

Immediately every new element was available in my application!!!

Answers (0)