cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing forward and assign me button in UWL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a requirement in ESS expense claim. once the claim has been made that will be send to his line manager for approval. In the line manager inbox some button label (eg. Approve trip; Send trip back for corrections) has to be changed in EP. How can we go about in doing that.

I have the system admin rights and content admin rights. how can we modify those iviews and where to see the access permissions.

SAP version is 4.7 and EP is 7.0. these are linked using an intermediate ITS to connect to the backend system.

What is Webdynpro component that would contain these coding and where to get that file.

Please suggest us a solution as this very urgent

Regards

Mohan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohana,

You want to change label of buttons from the UWL's inbox UI. Right?

To change buttons labels:

You have to download the UWL.standard XMl and change title of those actions from the 'task' item in XML and reload the XML.

This will change the button label from the standard UWL task UI.

The below PDF will help.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/fa21a890-0201-0010-708b-d0cfc117...

Please revert back if you have any issue.

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

The PDF is so helpful for me to proceed with will revert back if i got any queries. Thanks a lot!!!

Regards

Mohan.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai All,

This Issue has been solved by setting the iView property of "List of UWL actions to exclude".

Regards

Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What I understand from your description is that when your ESS expense claim has been completed, the request should go to the manager. Now what you want to change in the line manager inbox?

If you want to remove some options or add some you can do so by changing the XML file associated with it.

You will be having options of Actions over there. Just check the concerned one and update it.

You can download the XML from the UWL screen. Upload option is also there at the same page.

Hope this helps you!

Regards

Atul Shrivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi atul.

U r correct i need to change the line manager inbox. Where i have approve reject ans send back for corrections. I also need to remove certain buttons. i can see from the system administration->systemconfiguration->UWL-administration certain Iviews are displayed. but how to find out the respective iviews to change.

Reply required urgently

Thanks and Regards

Ramya

justin_kemp
Participant
0 Kudos

Check the options given in the UWL iview.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to PCD and search for UWL or Universal Worklist.

However you need not make any changes in the iview because all this properties are coming from the System Name assigned. Hence once you make changes in the System defn(XML change for UWL System) these changes will be reflected in all the iviews concerned.

Hope this helps! or update the thread accordingly.

Regards

Atul Shrivastava

PS: Award points for helpful answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Where will i find that option? i am not able to view that option.

do i require any access rights for that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Simply go to Portal Content Studio and click the search tab and type the search criteria there. From dropdown select iview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where would portal content studio option be?

is it in the accessible content administration tab?

Regards

Ramya

Former Member
0 Kudos

YES!

Go to Content Administration->Portal Content. and select the search tab from there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI atul

Thanks for your response. But i am not able to find any iview pertaining to UWL claim screen. any idea, where other location could i find

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you go to Portal Content you will be seeing a list of folders having iviews roles worksets etc. on top of that window (Browse would be written) the second tab is search. Use that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul

All that i agree. I went and searched the list of iviews. in that list i am not able to preview any iviews. Is there any access permissions needs to given.

What does webdynpro console do?

Regards

Ramya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Right click on the portal content root folder. Right click it and choose permissions. then provide your id and read access to it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Atul.