Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusion in IDOC scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the following IDOC scenario:

<b>A non-SAP system sends via TRFC an IDOC to XI -> SAP</b>. I want to keep it simple as possible.

What scenario is that according to the SAP document "How to... Sample IDOC-XI Scenarios"?

I thought this would be scenario 1 (LS<->LS). Is that correct? But can I maintain in transaction IDX1 a port to the non-SAP system and load metadata with transaction IDX2 (that is not possible)????

The non-SAP system and the target SAP system have logical system names maintained in the SLD. The adapter-specific-identifiers are populated.

In the sending system the field EDI_DC40-SNDPR in the message header is populated with logical system name of the non-SAP system (e.g. XYZ).

But the trace of the non-SAP systems returns the following error message:

RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE

Transaction IDX1: Port XYZ, client 100, RFC destination contain errort

I have added the port in IDX1 for XYZ, but the same error message is coming. Of course transaction IDX2 is not possible...

How can I check error messages of the idoc-adapter within XI?

What is problem?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

>>a port to the non-SAP system and load metadata with transaction IDX2 (that is not possible)????

maybe you can try a little trick:

- in idx1 create a port for your <b>non SAP</b> system

and but use the destination to your <b>normal R3</b>

- then in idx2 import manually idoc metadata (Create option) for your non sap system (but you'll be importing from R3 RFC dest)

then just change the RFC dest in IDX1 from the one pointing to R3 to your non SAP system

<b>I don't know if this will work</b> but maybe it's worth to try

BTW

when you test your RFC dest to your non SAP system does it work? is it R/3 (3) type?

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Michal

The RFC dest to the non-SAP is TCP/IP (type T) and is working fine.

I am going to try your trick and let you know.

Why can't I see anything in the runtime workbench?

I am really surprised, is this scenario "unusual"?

@Michal

<b>IT WORKS!</b>

Many thanks!

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

WOW nice:)

Regards,

michal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I understand you need to configure RFC adapter at your outbound pipeline?I donot think you can import the idoc from non sap system.Instead get the structure as an RFC structure and then do what ever you require?Are you going to post the idoc coming by TRFC at the SAP.?Please let me know.I would be able to provide the info on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

take a look at Runtime Workbench.

Message Monitoring and Adapter Monitor.

You can find the Runtime Workbench on Integration Engine Startpage(Transaction: sxmb_ifr).

Regards,

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Robin

There are no messages in the message monitoring->adapter engine at all.

The posted error message comes from the sending non-sap system. There is nothing in the runtime workbench.