cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default cost center when using ABAV (Asset retirement)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When I use transaction ABAV, the loss or profit is posted to a cost center entered in Asset Master. However I want a different cost center to be defaulted when I use transaction ABAV.

Even I tried with transaction OKB9 where in I defaulted a different cost center for GL A/c (Cost element), but found not useful since transaction ABAV is picking cost center mentioned in the Asset Master.

Want to know whether any <i><b>substitution rule or user exit</b></i> is available. Also want to know if it possible without substitution rule or user exit.

As always thanks for your valuable response

Hari

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use As02 to change the cost center and then use ABAV.

Regards,

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Murali,

As a company policy it is not allowed to change the cost center in the asset master. However I want to know if system can pick a different cost center when using transaction ABAV with substitution rule or user exit.

Regards

Hari

dominic_holdstock
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the disposal is to be posted to the same CC per Business Area/CoCode.

In SAP 4.7 - a) TRX ACSET - Deactivate the Account Assignment for Disposal Transactions.

b) OKB9 - Specifiy the CC to be used for the disposal G/L Accounts.

Kind regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can you do this?

How can you post an entry in other cost center which is relating to different cost center....

no way you can post...to do...so first transfer the asset to the target cost center using the TCDODE: ABUMN (tr.with in company code) and do the TCODE:ABAV

VVR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ramana,

Thanks for your reply. But note that option is available to MANUALLY change the cost center while doing retirement [use Additional account assignment (Shift+F2)] in transaction ABAV/ABAVN. However I want to know if there is any possibility to use <i><b>substitution rule or user exit</b></i> so that system will automatically pickup different cost center.

Regards

Hari

andreas_mann3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

use substitution obbh for a single cost centre (cc) and subst.-exit if you'll

select cc from a customer table

A.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Andreas Mann,