Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qty. not updated in the original order after confirmation of rework order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all.

Te scenario is as below:

There are 5 operations in the routing for material A. Raw material is R. There are no material codes in between. Each operation has the control key for milestone confirmation and also rework. Because of the client's requirements, i have configured the confirmations in such a way that overdelivery is not permitted and the quantity confirmed for an operation cannot be more than the yield of the previous operation (operation sequence is to be adhered).

The production order for A is of 300 pieces. Now when i confirm operation 1, 300 pieces are confirmed and available for second operation. For operation 2, 200 pieces are confirmed and 100 pieces are to be reworked. I have assigned a trigger point to the confirmations. So, that trigger point will create a rework order when i save the confirmation.

Next, i execute that rework order and also confirm that order. After this, how can i increase the yield quantity in the original production order?

Even after confirming the rework order, the yield quantity (which was initally 200) does not increase in the original production order.

Basically, after rework, i want that 100 quantity to be available for operation 3. Only then i can confirm 300 pieces for operation 3. Otherwise, because of the configurations it will only allow me to confirm 200 pieces.

Kindly suggest a solution.

Thank you,

Shrenik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In your case you need a additional rework operation and not order.

Order is created usually you want to rework the whole assembly, normally during last operation it will be triggered and the order is confirmed the qty which missed in the preliminary production order.

Hence you have 2 options

1. go for a additional rework operation insert, with over delivery is allowed.

Hence let us say operation 20 is confirmed 200 and 100 rework, for 100 rework a rework operation is inserted as operation 21, and conform all 300 pieces in operation 21.

option no 2

If you want to create a rework order, then create rework order with that operation qty and the rest of operations also so that you confirm all the operation with that qy in rework order.

example

operation 20, rework qty 100, total qty is 300, and yield is 200.

operation 30 you confirmed 200 and GR for 200.

system will create a rework order for 100, with operation 20.

then in the rework operation you need to have operation 20 with 100 qty and operation 30 with operation qty 100. Confirm this rework order operations and do GR for 100.

Please come back if required.

muthusamy_sankaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesha,

<b>i have one question on below your answer</b>

1. go for a additional rework operation insert, with over delivery is allowed.

Hence let us say operation 20 is confirmed 200 and 100 rework, for 100 rework a rework operation is inserted as operation 21, and conform all 300 pieces in operation 21.

<b>pls explain in detail, how to link oper 21 to rework operation ? </b>

Regards,

Sankaran

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I encounter the same issue,do u solve it?

Thanks

Matthew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shrenik,

In release 4.70 above, There is a new tcode FCOST for rework confirmation. This new tcode can update rework quantity to next operation, so it can be confirmed together with yield operation and you don't need to set overdeliveries in your configuration. You can see in release 4.70 note for this tcode. Please give reward if this information useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Yudha,

I was tryign to access FCOST and when i entered the material and plant no., i got the message:

"There are no rework quantities for the specified selection that can be added to the worklist"

What should i do ?

Shrenik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shrenik,

I'm sorry because I forgot to tell you that you must activate FCOST first before using it. Actually, you can get the library for FCOST in online sap help for the detail. Below is standard prerequisites that you must do before using FCOST.

To Activate Failure Cost Processing for Production Orders

1. Start transaction FCOACTIV_SFC

2. Activate Failure Cost Processing for the required plants and order types.

3. Choose Save.

After activating this Failure cost, then every rework quantity that you confirmed in CO11N will be updated in FCOST. In FCOST, you can confirm all activity and material issues that relevant with rework processing. Also, you can decide whether the reworked result will be yield or scrap. If you process the rework as yield then for next operation you can confirm all the quantity that you already input (yield + rework) in last operation. Pls give reward if this helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yudha,

With trigger point ,generating rework order,I confirm the rework order.In  FCOST ,confirm the yield quantity,that is a responsible cost center(must be entered) .But i also confirm the rework order,the rework order is settled to the original production order.The production order cost is double?

Thanks

Matthew