cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master Data Lock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have problem with master data locking at the time of Running payroll.

Whenever we release for payroll, the master gets locked (SAP standard) but the people who are in master data PA30 dont get locked as they are in the screens accessing their information. So the system rejects those PERNR's from running payroll.

So can you please tell any functionality or trasaction through which we can kick out the user using Master data at the time of running payroll or who are still in Master after release payroll or any transaction through which we can identify those user?

Its really urgent.....

Help would be really appreciated.

Thank you,

Mayuresh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please use the t-code SM04, which will give you a list of the users who are using the master data. Then you can release the payroll accordingly.

Hope this helps,

Reward points if helpful,

Thank You,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Thank you for your reply.

Well i ran that transaction and also consulted with my payroll dept for it. We want any transaction through which we actully can kick out the user from master after releasing payroll and also the user who are in master data at the time of releasing payroll.

Becoz if there are 10 user logged in at the same time for diff employees, then payroll dept cant call all those 10 user for coming out of the master data.

Please let me know.

Mayuresh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HAi..

Possible option is terminating the sessions of others before starting the payroll process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Can you please tell me how to terminate the session of others?

Is there any transaction to do so or which needs special authorization?

Please let me know.

Mayuresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can terminate the others session through SM04. Double click on their user id and and then in the following screen end session button will be available for each session they have logged on to.

Else you can delete the system locks done by their userid through SM12.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Subbu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please use SM12.

Reward points if helpful,

Thank You,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi You can user this standard report HFIUCPL0 through T.C.SE38/SA38 for users locking master data, send an email to users locking master data, or even terminate a user’s session. This program can identify email users locking employee master data, report on users locking master data, and, if necessary, it even has an option to end a user’s session allowing you to run payroll. Select the Delete locking users’ sessions option to end the sessions of any users locking employee master data.

Appreciate for your reward points.