cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production order scheduling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi consultants,

In the production order created with operations in Continuous flow, I am not able to understand, how the production start and end time is calculated in continuous flow of operations. I know that it extend the time so as to accomodate longest operation. What is the key where this time is calculated. I am seeing that the longest operation time is 12.2min and the production order start and finish time is 13.95min

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The scheduing happens based how you have defined the operations as parallel or standard sequence.

If it is parallel the longest operation is considered.

If it is stadard the operations are scheduled one after the other.

Work ceter schedulng formulas give a clue how these durations are calculated.

Reward if the explanation is good to understand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ratan,

Here sequence is standard, and the longest duration operation is 12.2 min but the overall production time..after scheduling is coming out to be 13.9min.

In operations detail screen under "Overlap" tab page i have chosen "Continuous flow operations" which means that production time will be extended based on longest duration operation. But where is the key to calculate 13.9min? This is the issue.

Please suggest

Former Member
0 Kudos

I mean why 13.9 min why not 12.2 min based on longest duration operation. Schedule margin key is also 0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you send me the screen shot of the production order operations page with start and finish times to ratanvahi@rediffmail.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you selected this radio button in all the operations or only ome operation?

If you have eneterd in only one opeartion then it will take that opration as continues.

see the example below

operation -10-activity hrs 2/ton

operation - 20-activity hrs 1/ton

Now depening on the radio button see the schediling result

operation 10 and 20 no overlap

Total scheduled hr - opartion 1-2hrs+opartion 2 -1 hrs = 3 hrs

operation 10 continues flow production and 20 no overlap

Total scheduled hr - opartion 1-2hrs+opartion 2 -2 hrs(parallel) = 2 hrs

operation 10 no overlap and 20 continues flow production

Total scheduled hr - opartion 1-2hrs+opartion 2 -1 hrs = 3 hrs In this case operation 2 duration is less hence this result.

operation 10 and 20 continues flow production

Total scheduled hr - opartion 1-2hrs+opartion 2 -2 hrs(paralel) = 2 hrs

Please check your opration and in the routing follow the following menu path to check

Extras -->scheduling -->schedule

Overview variant = 000000000002

lot size 1

scheduling type 1

You will eactly comes to know the problem, or elase cpome back.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do mean to say, suppose your having two operations, then following is operation time

010 - 10 mins(suppose )

020 - 12.2 mins

you have assinged continuous flow in Ovelapping Tab.Afet scheduling the toral exection time should be 12.2 mins instead it is 13.9 mins ... Am i correct. If so

please give following details,

1. break time and avilable capacity (operating time) u have defined for capacity view of workcenter that u have assinged for longest operation.

2. Haveu assigned any shift sequence for workcenter

regards

pradeep

Answers (0)