Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value matrix to TCODE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is a design query:

1. How do we convert the contents in the role matrix to the transaction.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Guys, is it possible you're talking about different stuff here?

George, are you in the role design phase where you want to define which TCodes and Objects a user should get, or are you looking at risk definition/segregation of duties (which is what Simon is talking about)?

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes ...we are talking of different Stuff -None the less greatly interesting !!

Difference : As pointed out by Frank Kohen -I am in the role design phase.Simon, I guess you will know this area too. Let me know what ever method you may have used

Also the SoD, please let me know this completeness -

Thanks

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

George,

I suggest you browse through some of the discussions over in the Netweaver Security Forum, you're probably more likely to find an answer there.

Also, I'd like to recommend ADM940, which deals with exactly that topic.

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

"Function Groups" is teh standard term used by SAP GRC to describe a group of transactions that perform a similar function.

The SoD matrix is built up from multiple function groups and Risks.

An SoD "Risk" is caused by a User having access to the transactions in 2 or function groups.

Users, roles & profiles are irrelevent with regards to build the SoD matrix from which Access Controls determines SoD issues.

Users, roles & profiles are only used during the report of risks, not in documenting the risks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You create Function Groups which contain Transaction Codes that perform a similar function, eg: Function Group is called MM01 and the Tcodes it contains are ME21, ME31. You decide which Tcodes are in a function group.

I am unfamilar with the Value Matrix, you will need to give an example.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Simon,

Thanks. Can you please explain this " function gp method ".

In Value Matrix , the Task and the variants are on one axis and on the other its the Activites

The intersection of this woudl give the tcode that needs to be assigned.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you will need to provide more infrmation before anyone can help you here, as I don't understand teh question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Value matrix we create V01, V02 Etc .. how is that translated to TCODE ?