Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

PAYROLL POSTING

Hi All,

I'm at the mid of the payroll. i have loaded the payroll data.

Now want to do the posting after running the payroll.

can someone help me in this regard.

If some one could give me steps from running a payroll to posting into FICO.

This will be gr8 help .

Please help me fast. Its very urgent

Thanks

Khushi

Message was edited by:

khushi ch

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi Khushi,

Generally we do FI posting simulation before exiting payroll. Once we exit payroll and completed Pre-DME, we run program RPCIPE00 and do the FI posting live posting run.

Then we go transaction code PCP0, we get the list of posting document. You have to identify your particular posting doc for the period and just click on Relase. The doc status change to release and then click on Post doc.

Following steps can help you.

1. Each time Posting to Accounting is started, the system creates a posting run with a distinctive number. The posting run allows you to recreate the information edited at any time. The posting run has a different status at each point between the reporting of the payroll results and the posting of the summarized information.

2. The system evaluates the payroll results in view of information relevant to posting. If payroll results are evaluated for a live posting run, they are flagged. This ensures that the payroll results are not evaluated twice. The system can also use the selection to check whether any payroll results exist in a payroll period that has not been evaluated yet.

3. The system determines the symbolic account assignment from the wage types to be posted using the settings in Customizing. The system derives the employee grouping for the account assignment from certain characteristics of the employee. The system derives the G/L account from the combination of employee grouping and symbolic account. The account assignment objects are determined.

4. The system creates summarized posting documents from the data determined.

These only contain information that is relevant for the Accounting components.

5. The system posts the posting documents directly to the Accounting components involved using the Accounting interface

Good Luck....

Mayuresh

Message was edited by:

Mayuresh Kelkar

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question