cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space problems with the SAP Database MS SQL 2000

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually, I have a size problem with the database, I have MS SQL Server 2000 with Service Pack4 on a Windows 2003 Server environment that is my DataBase Server of my ERP ECC 6.0. On the other hand I have a storage where I have 229 Gb of free space used only for the database files of the SAP data and the SAP log file.

But when I check the DB space allocation on trx. DB02 I saw this:

3 Database files and 1 transaction log:

The 3 database files are: PRDDATA1 (size 15,313 MB used 15016 MB) , PRDDATA2 (size 14106 MB used 13984 MB), PRDDATA3 (size 14472 MB used 14352 MB) and the log file is PRDLOG1 ( size 1000 MB) all of them with no limit option and growth by 10%.

So I went to the SQL Enterprise Manager and I saw that my Database PRD properties and I got this information:

My database size is 44892.48 Mb size with only 1330.36 Mb of free space and that is alarming.

So the question here is how ,if I have a storage where the sap data is storing with 229 Gb of free space, can I make the database files grow up in order to use all the available space of my storage.

Can you help me please because it is critical being my productive system?

Best Regards

Erik Espinosa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I resolved this issue myself. Thanks for all your help.

Best Regards,

Erik Espinosa

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

and what was the solution?????

if someone hits the same problem, you will help him.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You only have to change on the MS SQL Server the properties of your database files to grow by percentage and the system itself will grow up when it is needed.