cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get percentage variable value calculation dynamically?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts,

when i am generating a report, i have the plants like

eg:

ID LOANAMT PERCENTAGE EMI

101 1,00,000 -

-

Note: where EMI = LOANAMOUNT * PERCENTAGE

here i have the above 3 keyfigures, when i supposed to execute the report,system should display the variable screen and pop up "PERCENTAGE", after entering the percentage variable value it should calculate the EMI dynamically.

thanks & regards

venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Venkata

1. create a CKF- EMI

2. Create a variable in CKF ( below u will se some option for creating variable), it should be user input enabled and single value.

3. Use this variable in CKF and multiply with loan amount KF

Thanks

Tripple k

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am afraid you could do that, but it is possible.

Create Calculated Key figure in Bex in Key figure definition.

When you create CKF, you also need to create formula variable with the definition you want to use, in the CKF put the formula you just defined and my be multiply it by 1 just to make sure it return the correct value.

Once you have done that, in your key figure section drag and drop the newly created CKF which gets value from the user entry. You have to hide the CKF in Key figure section because you don't want the user to see it, but create formula which multiply LaanAmount by CKF which is hidden.

that is a perfect solution, I just tried it.

thanks.

Please assign points.

Wond

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi wond,

thanks for your responce, i am not able to fallow u, can you give me step by step procedure and i dont want to hide any CKF.remaining things are same. you could understand what exactly i want.

thanks & regards

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, here is step by step instruction.

thanks.

Wond

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi wond,

I did not receive any steps by ur last message, pl send me the step by step procedure.

thanks & regards

venkat