Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EP 7: ESS Address, Bank and Family Members screens no data displayed

SFactor
Explorer
0 Kudos

We have implemented ECC 6 and EP 7.

When I preview the Address, Family Members and Bank Iviews for South africa under Personnal Information via Content Admin a screen is displayed with the following buttons, but no data is displayed.:

1 2 3 4

Overview Edit Review and Save Confirmation

Previous Step

Can you please let me know if there is any setting still to be doen, before the results will be dispalyed?

Any help will be appreciate.

Regards

Margariet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Their,

Go to service sepcific settings in IMG screen. Personal management>ESS> Service specific settings> own data>Define active subtypes and application case. Their you have to make entry for the infotype and subtype for the information to be diplayed. e.g if you want family members to appear then enter infotype 0021 and if you want the emergency contact to appear (which is a subtype-7 of infotype 0021)then add another entry with infotype 0021 and subtype 7.

Thanks

ROY

Former Member
0 Kudos

assign the ess role to your user in portal and check please

SFactor
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to view the iviews (mentioned) via the Content Admin role.

Regards

Margariet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Use the following links to configure ESS correctly with the R/3 system and try to assign the Employee Self Service Role to the user and then view the iviews then...

/people/siddhartha.jain/blog/2006/04/10/configuring-the-business-package-for-employee-self-service-ess-mysap-erp-2004

/people/srinivasarao.gv2/blog/2005/06/11/configuring-ess-in-sap-enterprise-portal-60

Let me know if you need any further help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pls do the following

1) Use transaction HRUSER to attach the SAP user id to HR master record

2) Maitain the JCO destination

3) Mantain the necessary infotypes ( 02, 06 etc) for that personal number

4) Assign the role to the ess user

You should be ready to go....

Regards

Jayesh

Message was edited by:

Jayesh Ghodge

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you assigned ESS role to the user. do you view the link on the homepage please.

if yes then what do you view when you click on the link.

if it shows the blank page then check the permissions of the ess folder in portal -> content manangemnt.

you need to give read permission to every ess user i.e. role

SFactor
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for yor reply.

We have created a Iview which use the GUI transactions(PZ02 etc), but we want to use the Java Webdynpro iviews.

The Infotypes consist of data, because the data is displayed when we view the Iview that we created (using the GUI transactions). I am not sure what you mean by wheteher the system has been configured properly. Can you please give me more detail regarding the configuration that we need to do, if possible a step by step guide.

Regards

margariet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Margariet ,

Just make sure that the infotypes for the Address,Bank and Family Members services contain data in the R/3 system and have been configured properly.

Regards,

Shikhil