cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The client is locked for data import by client copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to refresh my Quality system with all the Productive data, so I made a client export on my PRD system.

When trying to import the generated requests to my QUA system, SAP gives me this error message: "The client is locked for data import by client copy".

However, when checking SCC4 on QUA, I can see that it has any restriction at all ("Protection level 0: No restriction"). The target client role is set to "Test" and every change is allowed in it.

I don't know what to do or why the client import is not being allowed. Can you help me?

Thanks,

Antonio

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

how we do homogeneous copy ... can u please explain

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

our SAP systems are based on iSeries systems, so the homogeneous copy has some "special" detaisl.

Are your systems on iSeries?

SAP has this guide available:

https://websmp107.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700009331552004E

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Antonio,

As checked in SCC4, you should have the following for the client which you are doing the client export from PRD to QUA :-

1> Client Role - Test or Customising (depends)

2> Changes and Transport for Client-specific Objects - No changes allowed or Changes without automatic recording (depends on Client role)

3> Cross- client object Changes - Changes to Repository and cross-client Customising allowed

4> Protection Level - should be zero

5> eCATT and CATT Restrictions - eCATT and CATT allowed

6> Restrictions - both should be unchecked ( i think locked due to client copy is checked here - uncheck it and try again)

Thank you.

Regards,

Manomeet

• Award points if helpful **

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

all those configurations were already checked and were all "unlocked"...

anyway, I didn't have any time left so I had to change my strategy. I did an homogeneous copy and now the client is working.

thanks for your help anyway