Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Pull out single common T-code from the existing User's profiles.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Here in my company we are using 4.7 Enterprise with 230 users.

recently management decided to pull out authorization for one Common T-code assigned to 100 people in their profiles.

we had created customized profile for each user.

So, here i had 100 profiles. i need pull out one common T-code assigned in all these 100 profiles.

not only in this 100 profiles, i want to remove for all customized profiles in my SAP PRD server.

request you to more inputs concerned to this.

Thanking you in anticipation,

best regards,

Raghav

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

try this wit different options in the SUIM transaction code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using profiles or roles?

Either way you will need PFCG or SU02 (depending on using roles or profiles) and manually remove the transaction.

If you have a different role or profile per user then this is the only way. Just one good reason to take a role based approach.

0 Kudos

I agree with Alex that shows again that roles per user is NOT best practice.

Best practice design:

1. Let the functional process designers describe the whole process on TRX Level.

2. Let business decide which part of the process is to be done by which user.

3. Split the process in point 1 in such a way the you can mach every user in step 2. In this try to avoid a single TRX to be in more than one single role.

4. Create roles for the part process in 3 and assign to users (if the number of roles per user is making it hard to maintain, you can decide to create Composite roles).

If you would have followed steps aforementioned you would have to remove the TRX from one role ONLY!

I would suggest to find time to make a redesign, It will definitely pay-back in far less maintenance.