cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table update BKPF_ADD & BSEG_ADD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I posted a document in a company code for which splitting is active. I could see the document posted under the following tables:

BSEG

BKPF

FAGLFLEXT

FAGLFLEXA

I dont really care whether it is posted in GLT0 or not.

Now my question under what circumstances BSEG_ADD & BKPF_ADD will get updated. I was searching for some good documentation but of no avail. Any input on this which would help in understanding the posting logic to these tables would be highly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the input. Do u mean to say that SAP has created a dummy table without any purpose? I am further surprised.....by your answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for at least this half reply.I greatly appreciate ur help. Client has been asking this question and no one could provide any answer. I can atleast manage the situation now. Thanks once again. I am looking forward to hearing your answer for the other table update also soon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any further inputs on the above pl?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any input on this? It is surprising........

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BKPF_ADD is not used any where. To check if a table is used anywhere, you can use the t-code SE11 and click on where used list. Select all the check boxes and run a search.

While BSEG_ADD offers the programs that uses (specially those for additional ledgers), BKPF_ADD yields no results. This is a dummy table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any answers???

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can partly answer your question.

When a document is posted only to a non leading ledger then the it is getting posted to BSEG_ADD table. But still the the header data is stored in BKPF. I still need to investigate which type of posting will hit BKPF_ADD table. Quite interesting. Incidentally this is also getting posted to FAGLFLEXA & T table. Further the document that is getting posted to BSEG_ADD will have the status L that is posting not in leading ledger.