cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

please give me few examples related to value mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

please give me few examples related to value mapping.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please refer follwing links

/people/sreekanth.babu2/blog/2005/02/23/value-mapping-replication

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/13/ba20dd7beb14438bc7b04b5b6ca300/frameset.htm

/people/sreekanth.babu2/blog/2005/01/05/design-time-value-mappings-in-xslt

/people/sukumar.natarajan/blog/2006/10/23/accessing-value-mapping-defined-in-directory-using-java-functions

/people/sreekanth.babu2/blog/2005/02/23/value-mapping-replication

http://www.xml.dvint.com/docs/SchemaDataTypesQR-2.pdf

Steps to follwo in integration directory

1. Start the value mapping maintenance (Tools --> Value Mapping)

2. Select Value Mapping Agencies and enter your agencies

3. Maintain your mapping without the duplicates.

4. Start the value mapping maintenance again, but this time with the option Value Mapping Group Selected By. You can either use Group Name (if you have maintained groups) or Representation for those values where you need to maintain duplicates.

5. Enter duplicates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As mentioned in above replies already, Value Mapping is done in case sender and receiver refer to a particular field in different way. For example, if sender system sends names of employees and receiver system needs the employee ids of those employees, then we would require a one to one mapping of Employee names to Employee Ids. When number of such records grow, we would consider maintaining a table with such mapping.

While performing mapping in XI, every time a reference would have to be made to this table for obtaining values required by receiver system. This could be a performance issue. In value mapping, all the values of table could be cached in Runtime Cache of XI which enables mapping to be executed without actually making calls to backend system for table entries.

Please refer following forum link for additional info about a parallel technical approach, RFC lookup, and possible advantages and limitations of both.

Thanks,

Bhavish

• Reward points if comments are useful:-)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

value mapping is used in a scenario where in sender and receiver identify the same value in a different way.

suppose the sender system identifies a plant based upon the <i>city name</i> it is in whereas the receiver identifies the same plant based upon <i>city zip code</i>,now in that case we will need value mapping.

please have a look at the following blog

/people/community.user/blog/2007/01/08/valuemapping-using-the-graphical-mapping-tool

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai sudhakar,,

see value mapping is quite a obvious situation in our daily work.we use it when ever we have to make a reference for a value...

like...if..

in the sender has sent messages with codes like (currency USD or INR etc..)and in our receiver we wod like to have a detail info ..

at that time we have to link these codes with a table where all these data are store ..so in mapping we refer this ,hence in the output we get the INR value as rupees ....

so hope now you can design ur own requirements and practice it well...

thx

jeevan

award point if usefull.