cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R/3 to File scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a flat file in r3 sytem that I have to foward another legasy system? what adapters I have to use and how

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

fromm R/3 you can send the data using the IDOC,RFC or PROXY. so no need of sender communication channel in case of IDOC and PROXY

in case of RFC you will use the RFC adapter at the sender side.

and at the receiver side you have to use the File adapter.

Thanks

Rinku

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can go for a File To File Scenario.If your receiving side is not in the domain then go for FTP, otherwise you can go for simple File to File scenario.

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/FLATFILETOFLATFILE

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/XMLFile2XMLFile

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

ya you can use the file adapter at the sender side.

for this you have to create the file for the idoc .

to create the xml fiel for the idoc the steps are as follows.

1.go to we21 to create the XML port. to create the XML file for the idoc create the XMl port using the transaction we21 select the XML file option, click on create (button in the left corner) a new pop will open

give the port name whatever you want

give the description

give the physical directory name R/3 directory name

give the function module name (the function module name will be used to give the name to the file that will be created in the directory you mentioned )

n from that directory you can download the file on your desktop or you can created it on the FTP servwer.

n in this way you can do the scenario

if you still face the probelm please reply me back

Thanks

Rinku

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sudhakar velineni

if you have a file in the R/3 system in that case use the file adapter at the sender side (if you have a falt fiel at the sender side you have to use the content conversion at the sender side to convert the text file into the xml file because XI can understand only the xml file) and use the file adapter at the receicer side also

if you still face the problem please reply back.

Thanks

Rinku

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>I have a flat file in r3 sytem that I have to foward another legasy system? what adapters I have to use and how

I hope you got the file by executing a report in R3.. So go for File adapter and read the file ( Sender ) and for receiver if they accept file again go for File adapter ..as per the requirement select the file.. Can you narate your scenerio more....

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sudhakar,

If your file is already created, the less effort solution is a file transfer, file to file.

You have two choices, both with file adapter in both sistems.

- if the r/3 machine with the file you want to send and XI are in the domain you can map the directory in which the file is stored in your XI system, so you will have to use the file adapter with NFS as transport protocol. if the receiver system is in the the same domain you can use NFS in the receiver file adapter as well, if not, try FTP.

- If they are not in the same domain, you have to use the file adapter with FTP as transport protocol. Try any of the other two solutions explained above to the receiver adapter .

Maybe, a better solution is using RFC if you are communicating SAP systems, this will avoid the creating of a job to send and retrive the file, and will be easer to do the message mapping.

Hope this help.

Eduardo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you mean that you have a flat file created in R3 system directory structure and that file has to be sent to another legacy system?

In such a case, you would need FTP server on that server. From XI, a sender file communication channel would poll the file and on receiver side, a receiver file communication channel would post the file.

However, if data from R3 is available in system, then following are possible options for connecting R3 with legacy system:

1. ABAP Proxy

2. RFC

3. IDOCs

Hope this would help.

Thanks,

Bhavish

• Reward points if comments are useful:-)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank u for your response. can we use file adapter on sender side?

former_member614185
Contributor
0 Kudos

Use RFC's or IDocs in the sender side and use file adapter in the receiver end