cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vanishing Global Variables

DanielStark
Explorer
0 Kudos

We've created some xMII transactions, which all use a global variable (Globals.BDEDataPath). Sometimes when the transaction has been started in the log there appears the Error message "Unknown global variable Globals.BDEDataPath" and the result of the transaction is not correct. When I start the transaction again no error message appears (sometimes it happens again).

Why does this happen? We do not touch any transactions between the two starts. If more than one transaction are started by another transaction then it could be that the global variable is still available but other transaction can't find it.

I hope someone can help me here.

We use xMII 11.5.

Message was edited by:

Daniel Stark

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

check wheather you are passing any values from the front end so that it gets overridden in the run time to product results that are not expected,

see to that the global variable name is not duplicated or linked wrongly,

lets me know after checking,

regards,

shyam

DanielStark
Explorer
0 Kudos

The global variable is not written in any transaction. It's a "read-only" variable. The transaction is executed several times (with the same parameters). Sometimes the global variable is not available, sometimes it's there (random).

0 Kudos

Make sure you're using 11.5.3, From the the xMII Menu Support -> About

-Sam

DanielStark
Explorer
0 Kudos

The build is xMII 11.5.2 b64. Thank you Sam, we'll try the newer version. I will give a feedback about this.

Best,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've the same problem with vanishing global parameters. I'm on version Version 12.0.3 Build(107). Any new insight about this phenomenon?

Thanks and kind regards,

Matthias

DanielStark
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Matthias,

the patch for 11.5. didn't make it any better. We use MII 12 now, too, but don't use global variables any more in our transactions. Perhaps you can find some information in the log files of the Netweaver (System and application logs).

Another reason for not using global variables is that they are not transported if you export and import a project from the development system to the productive system.

Best wishes

Daniel

Edited by: Daniel Stark on Oct 16, 2008 8:52 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matthias,

We also noticed this issue. Migrate to SP5 (12.0.5).

Thanks,

Sara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you're right, in SP05 the bug is fixed.

cheers,

Matthias

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Exactly what version and build number of 11.5 are you using?