cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC - 6 INSTALLING ERROR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

While installing ECC - 6 server in a windows xp professionel system , It gave the following errror , Any body give me the solution and continue the installation .

ERROR 2007-10-06 14:23:49

CJS-00095 Error return code.<br>DIAGNOSIS: Return code 1 of executable D:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1/bin/lsnrctl indicates an error.<br>SOLUTION: See log file lsnrctl.log for details.

Selvan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per my understanding, ECC 6.0 has to be installed in Windows 2003 Server SP level 3 only.

As per the error there is some issue with the Oracle Listener.

Try logging to the Oracle from the backend (Using Oracle Client)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I encountered the same problem when I was installing DB instance at Oracle Pre-Load Actions but I resolved it by stopping the OracleOraHome92TNSListener Service. By reading the lsnrctl.log you will understand it. Try again.

Message was edited by:

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

ECC 6.0 is not support for XP go for windows 2003 server.

regards

ajai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Selvan,

Please note the solutions possible steps as below :-

1> post lsnrctl.log also from the windows services check the the listner is stopped or not, if so start it and chk

2> Don't run the sapinst from the cd drive, copy the contents of sapinst, kernel adn export files to the local drive and start the installtion, besure that u donnt use blank charactere for naming the folders..in ur case i saw u copied the kernel in "C:/SAPinst ORACLE KERNEL/"..pls remove the blank characters from the foldername (foreg: C:/SAPinst_ORACLE_KERNEL/) and start it again

Also did you change the password of <sid>adm ?

3> there is a bug in sqlplus on windows.

you need to edit oradbusr.sql and delete the line

whenever OSERROR.... it's one of the first lines in the script.

I currently don't know if repeating the phase will again copy the file from

D:/SAP_DUMP/CD1/KERNEL/NT/COMMON/INSTALL/ORADBUSR.SQL

to C:/SAPinst ORACLE KERNEL

So it may be safer to edit both files.

4> 2 things: a. you have not instlaled OrAcle using script SAPSERVER.cMD

b. change installation directorie from C:\SAPinst ORACLE KERNEL to a directoroty name WITHOUT spaces in it.

5> .....\SAPinst ORACLE KERNEL\lsnrctl.log - check in this path.

6> C:\oracle\ora92/bin/sqlplus.exe returns 3.

is a very old sqlplus bug which only exists on Windows and True64.

in the combination of WHENEVER OSERROR .....

connect / as sysdba .... sqlplus exits with error 3.

there are several possiblities to get around this.

a. edit the .sql file and delete the WHENEVER OSERROR line, it is not realy needed because sqlplus will terminate at all when hitting an operating system error.

b edit the .sql file and move the WHENEVER OSERROR line behind the connect / as sysdba statement

c define LOCAL environment variable to the same value than ORACLE_SID (not recommended, because this always needs a functional listener, which is only the case on ready installed systems)

Do let me know in any of these steps helped you to resolve your problem.

Thank you.

Regards,

Manomeet

• Award points if helpful **