cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NON-VALUATED MATERIAL NEED TO GENERATE ACCOUNTING ENTRY WHILE DOING GR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can we able to generate accounting entry while doing Goods receipt for the Non - Valuated material.

Note: Stock value should not get updated in Material Master.

Pls throw some views from your side, whether its possible. Because I have an requirement like this, pls help me.

Thank You,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Any body have an idea/Solutions for my requirment. Your replies are highly appreciated.

Thx In advance,

Mani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

u can go ahead and use UNBW as the material type for creating purchase order. For unbw system will ask for Account assignment at PO (Cost object / G/L account).

Pl note that ...G/L account can be determined automatically by defining the valuation calss for the UNBW material. Other one can enter manully in the PO. In your case it is expence account.

Duing GRN .. System will debit to expence account and credit to GR/IR clearing account. which will be further cleared while LIV.

Hope it wud answered ur question

Reward if useful

Shawn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

With the standard material type UNBW there is no value update .

i wud suggest u to create a new material type in OMS2 copying the unbw and there in the quantity and value update updating tab , check only the "value update" and uncheck the quantity update and make sure in the user department u also have selected the accounting view.

this will solve ur issue.

reward if usefull

shawn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr.Shawn,

Thank You for your reply,

Here my requirement is Quantity should get update, but the value should not update.

At the same time accouting entry need to generate for the Goods Receipt.

Regards

Mani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mani,

If you use UNBW with accounting view.It will update quantity.It will not update value.please check.

regards

venkadesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkadesh,

Yes you are right the value will not get updated, but accounting entry is not generating in Goods Receipts.

here My requirement is Accouting entry should generate, but stock value should not get update.

Thank You,

Mani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Project,

Do this way.your quantity will update but not value updated

When you doing PO ->item details ->invoice tab in that GR non valueted check that and do PO and GR your material not updated in value

Hope this helps you

Prem

Message was edited by:

prem cherukuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mani,

The accounting document contents details abt the stk acc and clearing acc.

In ur case if u want to generate a acc document , it will definetly update the stk acc. which is not ur requirement.

In this scenario , since there is a contradictory with ur requirement please elaborate the clients requirement

Regards

Shawn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shawn,

Appreciate your Reply,

Here we are using the Expense account instead of stock account. So Financially there will be no entry as stock account.

This Requirment is for Buyback Process.

While doing sales itself we will debit the buyback value in the clearing account and we will raise an buyback order (PO) with that value simultaneously. At the time of receipt we will credit the clearing account and debit the expense account.

Since the expense should capture only at the time receiving of buyback material and also we should not valuated the buyback stock.

Thats were, we are using non - Valuated Material Type and also trying to generate

Accounting entry to knock of the clearing account and do write off in the expense for that buyback value.

I hope u understand that process, if not pls let me know.

Regards,

Mani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you pls elaborate the your requirement?

regds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear BSA,

Once we do the Goods Receipt against the PO with Non-Valuated material, The accounting entry need to generate for the Goods Receipts.

For Example:

Material : XXXXXXXXXXXX( Non-Valuated Material Type)

PO Value : 1000 INR

QTY : 1

After Goods Receipt.

Accounting Entry need to Generate for the PO as

Clearing Account: 1000 Cr.

Expense Account: 1000 Dr.

But the same time Stock Value Should be as Zero and only Quantity need to be updated (If we view Stock Statement(MB5B/MB52) for the Particular material).

Pls let me know, if you need further details.

Thank You,

Mani.