cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regarding capacities

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, i mention 2 as individual capacities in work center also mention thire own available capacities when i make production order i split operation in that individual capacities also assign in capacity assignment tab but schduling is carried out on the basis of main capacity not on the individual capacities how i make it possible

ple reply me as it is possible.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Indivisual capacities are defined in the system just to ensure that capacities are different and to confirm the activities as per the m/c.

When you goto schedulinmg tab in the work center...you are not defining the indivisula capacity for scheduling???

Please note that it is oany for booking the capacity and not for scheduling

See the SAP help in the following link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/b1/c03e4a439a11d189410000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Individual capacities are used in capacity planning for more detailed resource planning. For instance, you can divide a machine capacity into several individual machines and maintain an available capacity for each machine. Capacity requirements can then be distributed among the individual capacities. If you do not maintain an available capacity for an individual capacity, it is calculated from the operating time of the capacity to which the individual capacity has been assigned.

Individual capacities have the same capacity categories as the capacities to which they are assigned.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We can define any number of capacities, but the capacity category that is maintained in the scheduling view of the work center is considered for order scheduling.

Rest why we need to mainatain the diffreret capacities has been beautifully explained by Rajesha.

Message was edited by:

Ratan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Umesh

See the concept is Total avl capacity is arrived by multiplying the hrs avl * no of ind capacity... While doing Lead time scheduling.... system first schedules the order and then start capcaity booking.... ( depending on this u can see wether it is overloaded or underloaded...)

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

why we mention individual capacities in w/c how it effect on production order & scheduling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

I have answered the question, are you looking for some thing else, if so please let us know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While planning, system will schedule for only the total capacity requirement and not the individual capacity..

Correct me if i'm wrong..

- Thaila Shree