cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roles require for BI configuration user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have done BI connection with our PRD ECC 6.0 server successfully , but while making RFC connections i used user with sap_all profile ,

Now i want to know which exact roles are required for that user to maintain successfull connection and extraction , as i have been asked to remove sap_all from the user which is used by me.

which are roles i should allocate to the user so that i can gurantee nothing happens to my current configuration.

Help is really appreciated.

Best Regards,

AjitR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajit,

In SAP <b>BW</b>, you should create a system (not a dialog) user called BWREMOTE.

BWREMOTE should have the authorization profile S_BI-WHM_RFC.

Note: S_BI-WHM_RFC is a profile, not a role.

This profile will give user BWREMOTE the access needed to extract from an

OLTP system. The profile also provides the access required for staging steps

to get the data into InfoCubes.

On <b>ECC</b> system, you should create a system user called BWALEREMOTE. This user should have the authorization profile S_BI-WX_RFC.

Note: S_BI-WX_RFC is a profile, not a role.

This profile will give user BWALEREMOTE the access needed to connect and

send data to the SAP BW system.

(It is permissible to use a different name for the users BWREMOTE and BWALEREMOTE. What matters is that the user in SAP BW has the profile S_BI-WHM_RFC and the user in the other SAP system has the profile S_BI-WX_RFC.)

Hope this solves your concern...

Regards,

Habeeb

Assign points if helpful.

Message was edited by:

Habeebuddin Mohammed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Habeebuddin,

As my BI and ECC config is already working , can i go ahead and change RFCs settings user created at both systems with users mentioned by you ( after creating those ) ??

One small doubt is there any note speaks about same or config guide ?

Best Regards,

AjitR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Habeebuddin Mohammed

Could i get some note number which speaks about the same ?

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Excellent points rewarded to all.

Thank you very much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done required configuration and replication of datasource is working with

new 2 users but our BI developers are experiencing some authorisation issues with the same.

Any other profiles i need to assign to BWREMOTE AND BWALEREMOTE ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajju,

Can you specify what exactly is your Scenario.

Regards

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am Basis person.

I have done connection between BI 7.0 and ECC 6.0 production system , but i did used users having sap_all profile while making RFC connection vice versa.

now i have created 2 users BWREMOTE and BWALEREMOTE , with profiles as S_BI-WHM_RFC and S_BI-WX_RFC , after making changes in RFC i have tested connection to source system , and was fine.

But now few of our BI developers facing authorisation problem while performing extractions and process hang situations .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi What the system is saying.Is it throwing some error

Regards

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dont know exact error but developers says some extraction jobs are not able to proceed or complete .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Below is the message our developers are getting and they are unable to proceed.

"

logon with your user so that system can check whether you are authorized in BW to transfer datasources into source system from the content

"

Please let me know if BWREMOTE and BWALEREMOTE should be dialog user ??