cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI concept

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear gurus,

I have gone through the thread on EDI it gives a good understanding on concepts,If any one is having sd Configuration part on EDI please mail it at shruth8019i@gmail.com at the earliest.

thanks in advance..points suitably rewarded

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shruthi,

The EDI concept is intended to realize the sales and distribution process completely automatically with the help of electronically documents. These documents are sent from one customer to another, are processed mostly on the background and give a possibility to realize the sales process extremely efficiently.

If MM-customer would like to purchase the goods then he creates the IDOC of type ORDERS and send it to SD-customer. On the SD-side the IDOC is processed via the function module IDOC_INPUT_ORDERS and creates the sales order. As confirmation the SD-side can send to MM-side the Order-Response IDOC (function IDOC_OUTPUT_ORDERS). The MM-customer can every time send a change to the existing order, then on SD side the ORDCHG IDOC will be processed. It can change the order like in VA02. The creation of the invoice can be made via IDOC of message type INVOIC (function IDOC_OUTPUT_INVOIC).

So, the process can be realized completely automatically between SD and MM partners with the help of IDOCs: ORDERS, ORDCHG, ORDRSP, and INVOICE.

That's all concerning the SD-EDI.

Additional processes in SD, where EDI are used:

1) application of delivery schedules to the scheduling agreement: IDOC of type DELINS

2) creation of a delivery order to the scheduling agreement: IDOC of type DELORD

3) creation of external agent service delivery to scheduling agreement: IDOC of type EDLNOT

4) creation of credit advice / credit memo in the frames of self-billing: IDOCs of type GSVERF, SBWAP and for external invoice creation SBINV.

It is all processes which are realized in the SD module via EDI.

There is not so much Customizing for EDI. The most entries are required by EDI for the scheduling agreement processing (DELINS, EDLNOT, and SBINV). The Customizing of these processes is located in the Customizing of scheduling agreements: SPRO => Sales and Distribution => Sales => Sales Documents => Scheduling agreements with delivery schedules => Control EDI Inbound processing.

General EDI Customizing in SD is available under: SPRO => Sales and Distribution => Electronic Data Interchange => EDI messages =>...

Please Reward If Really Helpful,

Thanks and Regards,

Sateesh.Kandula

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shurthi

I have send the EDI config. doc.

Reward if useful to u

Former Member
0 Kudos