cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data source

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

In BI - as i am new to BI/BW - how to identify the R/3 data source for any specific report. If at all a data source is identified - how can we know whether it is used in any of the BI reports.

Futher can the same R/3 Data source be used for two seperate reports of BI.

Your expert input will be of much help.

Regards,

M.M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Magesh,

You can check out the entire dataflow in Metadata Repository..

Hope it helps..

Gattu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Wond,

Thank you for your inputs. My requirement is not to see the datasource for the existing BI report - but i am trying to create a new report in BI for which i should provide the R/3 datasource - how can I find the relevant R/3 datasource.

Regards,

M.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

A datasource can feed data to many data targets, and one data target (ODS or cube) may usually have more than one reports, so basically one or more reports could be generated from the same data source.

How to identify the R/3 data source for specific report"

First you need to find for a reports which one is the underlying data model is, once you know you could right click on the data mode and see data flow the the last one will be the source system and data source.

You could also use where-use for the reports and it will show you the data mode and you can figure out what the data source for that model.

thanks.

Wond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

And regarding how to identify datasources please follow the links below:

https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=5739801&messageID=3756012

https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=5739801&messageID=3948054

Regards,

Habeeb.

Assign points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use a data source to load any number of data targets (infocubes, ODS, etc), and hence a datasource can be used for any number of reports. Actually it depends on your business requirement.

For finding out where a particular entity is used, there will be a option called where used list.

Regards,

Habeeb

Assign points if helpful