cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

clarification about batch management

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts,

I have a doubt about batch management.i know what are the uses of batches.and I know how to create batches and determination also.

but my doubt is if both ROH and FERT are managing in batches.In real time who will create batches for raw materials(ROH) and for that who will do determination.and likewise for FERT also.I mean either IM department, or pp, or sd.

I think i expressed my doubt clearly

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Usually ROH side batch creation/classification is taken care by MM, and will be stocked as per the char values eneterd during GR. once it comes to stock depending on the reqiuirement of PP, PP will design the batch determination rule and issue the material to prodiuction order.

Same way FERT batch classification and creation is teken care by PP, Which batch is to be delievered is determined by Sd as per the batch determination rule defined by PP and SD.

I hope it is clear to you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prasad,

Btach no. is determined for homogenious materials. That has maintained by following ways:

1. Maintain Classification screen of Matreial and for that u have to maintain proper class and characteristics. The class and classification screen has maintained as any format of user defined. Batch master maintenance if needed.

2. Then maintain batch sort rules.

3. Maintain number assignment (internal and external no. assignment).

As well as batch can be maintained some other ways.

U first go through the above process.

I think that will be helpful.

Thanks,

Das