cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation steps for solution manager 4.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi can anyone please send me the installation steps for solution manager 4.0...it will be better if i get steps easy to follow rather than huge pdf's. please send me the documents on irfu_1234@yahoo.com. Thank You.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It would be better if you would start understanding, what´s going on behind the scene. Stupidly following a step-by-step guide will make you cry for help the first time, you will get some dialog box that is not in the screenshots.

The official installation PDFs are really nice and they ARE basically step-by-step giving lots of necessary background information.

Installing a SAP system (and especially SolMan) is not installing a Microsoft Office by clicking next-next-finish.

SAP installations are complex, no doubt, and documentation is sometimes a big mess but that is not true for installations. Usually one needs at least two days to get all the information you need (Installation guides, planning guides, relevant notes, patches for operating system, database and SAP) before one does even start "clicking around" (e. g. starting with filesystem layout, operating system configuration etc.)

Not blaming you - but it will become pretty frustrating doing an installation if you don´t know what´s happening, what you need to enter in which field and what´s the consequences of doing so.

--

Markus