cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adjusting block used in PPDS after allocations are changed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings. My client is using SCM - APO 5.0 and we need to use the CTP (capable to promise) heuristic and CDP (characteristic based planning).

The machine used to produce the semi finished good will be block planned on the planning board. The blocks use a single characteristic called the product family. The finished product uses the same product family, and is allocations based on the product family and a customer attribute.

If the allocation is increased for a product family, how do we determine how to expand or reduce the blocks?

We have considered using blocks containing the allocation and customer attribute, but this will compromise scheduling as orders for products sharing the same grade cannot be sorted together.

We have tried using the SAP_CDPBP_02 (Adjust and Reschedule Block Limits) heuristic without much success. We believe that we need to use a single infinite resource with PPDS blocks, but we need to work through the issues mentioned in the release notes.

Another requirement is that the semi finished product should not be available for the finished product until the entire block is processed.

Thanks in advance for any assistance, and I will of course reward useful answers.

Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin

I'm also working on CBP for block planning in PPDS for a paper manufacturing gaint. I have the following issues:

1. Transferring the class and characteristics from R/3 to APO [not assigned to 400 automatically. I manually created in APO and assigned the class to the material]

2. Characteristic propogation in APO under PPDS PPM [warning message indicating no characteristic defined as input/output ]

3. Orders not visible in the respective block [PPDS orders not reflected on the respective block]

Could you please send me any configuration doc on CBP and block planning.

Thanks in advance

Chakri

+91-9980554121

chakravarthy.aravapalli@wipro.com

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, we're developing a report that tracks the block and allocation relationship so the main requirement has been resolved.

The second requirement was is to prevent stock becoming available until the block has finished.

I expect that I'll have to load a second operation into the route for a work center that is only available for a limited time after each block has run. Therefore product won't be available until after the block and second operation is scheduled to finish.

There is obviously a maintenance issue as the resource availability will have to move every time a block is significantly changed. We can do it, but can anyone suggest a better option?

Cheers

Martin