cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rouding Profile / Quantity Optimization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

We are facing a issue where we want to restrict the user order quantities in multiples of how we pack at the Warehouse.

For this I've created a QTY profile with the rule. Assigned the profile to the Material (MVKE).

Rounding works in the SO creation. But, during delivery creation if partial deliveries are to be created due to availability it's not rounding the quantity.

Just takes the units (pcs) available in stock & creates the delivery , where as I want the system to round down (since there is no stock to round up) to the appropriate pack qty.

How do I make sure that the system will round the QTY at the delivery creation ??

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Checked all possible ares:

Item category - Rounding Permitted

Customer Master - Rounding Allowed

Del. Item cat. - No option provided

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rounding profile probably is not the right solution in your situation. Try using Delivery Unit field (MVKE-SCMNG) on the material master Sales Org 1 tab.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well the "Delivery Unit" somewhat helps in this case ...by giving a warning that the delivery unit of 10 st or 20 st has not met...

But it deosn't really stop me from creating the delivery / changes the delivery quantity to multiples of delivery unit.

Is there way that I can change the delivery QTY to be multiple of delivery unit after the availability has been carried out.

So the rest should still be open for the next delivery of the order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can change the parameters of the message from warning to error message in TC OVAH.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well..

If I change the message class, I can give a Hard Stop to delivery creation, which would very helpful in terms of manual delivery creation.

But, the deliveries are always mostly created via delivery due list batch job, in that what I need is to round down the QTY to the delivery QTY defined in the material master instead of hard error which wouldn't help much than blocking all deliveries with no rounded QTY (which usually is the case).

Any idea on how I can achieve that.

Thank you much for the response.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Manoj_Mahajan78
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sree,

check Delivery doc type Delivery item Delivery item categories settings...also copy control rules you should check....

Regds

MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Checked Copy Control As well.. Nothing in there does help me with QTY rounding,

Would appreciate the help in solving if someone who's got into the similar issue