cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deriving Calendar Year/Month

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here's the big question.

In my manual planning application, user chooses Fiscal Year, say 2008.

In the layout, I have Calendar Month as data columns restricted to 1-12 (Jan - Dec).

So, once user enters the plan dollars, I want to have a function that takes the dates (Fiscal Year and Calendar Month) and derives the values for 0CALMONTH (Calendar Year/Month).

Remember, Fiscal year and Calendar Month being entered currently are independant of one another. But, Calendar Year/Month (0CALMONTH) is a combination of both.

how do we do this in BPS ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please use characteristic relationship for this. Create a characteristic relationship on the level of type exit (function module) and derive the 0CALMONTH.

Let us know if you need help in developing this

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

I'm new to BPS and would appreciate some direction towards creating characteristic relationships.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Characteristic relationships are created in planning area. Go to the relevant planning area, characteristic relationships tab; select the type as exit, press button for details left to it. In the details select the second option (with derivation), specify the source and target characteristics (as per your derivation logic), and sepcify the FM name where you will do the coding for this.

Hope this helps.

Answers (0)