Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPCF Workprotect Pop up Unsaved Data Changes

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SAP delivered pop up Workprotect has three radio button options:

1.Continue with navigation and open new window

2.Go back to your page and save data

3.Discard changes and open content in same window.

Now Portal defaults to 1. My client wants it to default to 3. Is there a process in place with the help of which I can customize the com.sap.portal.epcf.admin.WorkProtectPopup.

Any help appreciated.

Regards

Mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

u can change the default to :

System Admin -> System Configuration -> Service Configuration -> Portal Application -> com.sap.portal.epcf.loader

Configure to change

workprotect.mode.default = 3

workprotect.mode.personalize = on //this will help the end user to change.

/*Reward if helpufl

Former Member
0 Kudos

To clarify. Now the the property on epcfloader is set to

workprotect.mode.default=3. That is not the issue. The popup is coming as expected. In the popup there are three radion buttons. The client wants to default to the third option which is Discard....

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont see a straight forward to do that.

However, you could edit the dirty.jsp inside the com.sap.portal.epcf.loader.par file to suit your requirement and redeploy it again. Just be reminded that with an upgrade this will go off and you might have to do it again.

Its upto you to weigh and decide whether the effort justifies the end.

Pradeep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not able to find the par file. Where is it available if you are using EP7 and SAP Netweaver 2004s. I did *.par search in the whole installation but could not find it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the com.sap.portal.epcf.loader.par.bak file. If I want to change it and deploy it, will it not overwrite the SAP one. Is there a way I can deploy it under different application name. If I do so where do need to change to point to the new application.

Give me steps. I know how to do this if it is my own application. The difficulty is as it is standard delivered.

Regards

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure if a copy would work. However, it will work for sure if you edit the standard one and redeploy it in the same name. I don't see another way out.

However, As I pointed out earlier with every patching the change will go off and you need to redeploy the change.

Pradeep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is what bothers me. I will let my client know about it. Thanks for your support.

Regards

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to see the dirty.jsp but the java code for the comonents is not available. I mean when you open the JSPs you see references to com.sapportals.portal.epcf.component.epcftest.beans.DirtyBean.

Any ideas welcome.

Regards

Mike