cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost Component Number stored as zeroes...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Recently I moved a new Costing Variant to Production environment.

The only difference between the old and new costing variant is the valuation variant.

Cost Component Structure for both the new and old one are same.

But now the issue is for some cost components the cost component number in table CKIS (field ELEMT) is stored as zeroes. Any idea why this is happening.

I checked OKKN and OKTZ. Both seem to be correct.

Also one more thing I noted is for whichever rows in CKIS I have this issue I have SCHKZ (Main cost component split exists) and SCHKZNS (Aux. costcmp split exist

exists) indicators set. I dont have any idea why they are set.

I checked OKTZ. There the primary Cost Component Split indicator is not ticked.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sandeep,

A variant is simply an SAP report where the parameters for running the report have been set by the user and then saved with unique name. This allows future retrieval and execution of the report faster without reentering the parameters.

If you often run the same program with the same set of selections (for example, to create a monthly statistical report), you can save the values in a selection set called a variant.

You can create any number of variants for any program in which selection screens are defined. Variants are assigned exclusively to the program for which they were created.

You can also use variants to change the appearance of the selection screen by hiding selection criteria. This is particularly useful when you are working with large selection screens on which not all of the fields are relevant.

Variants are an interface between the user and the selection screen. They can be used both in dialog and in background mode, although their uses are slightly different.

Tcode SHD0

To create a variant transaction, proceed as follows:

Choose Goto ® Create vari. trans. from the initial transaction variant maintenance screen.

Enter a transaction name and corresponding short text. Transaction type Variant transaction is already set. The following screen already contains default values for the name of the calling transaction, the variant name, and the client-specific or cross-client variant checkbox.

Save your entries.

Example:

Variant ABC has been defined for transaction Z000. We now want to create the variant transaction ZVAR.

Name of the new transaction: ZVAR

Name of the calling transaction: Z000

Name of the variant: ABC

Transaction ZVAR starts transaction Z000 with variant ABC.

Creating Transaction Variants in SAP programs

If you want to hide unwanted screens and fields in any standard SAP program without changing it, the use of the Transaction Variant is the best solution. Creating a Transaction Variant alters the layout of the screen. This tip offers two ways to perform this task.

Case one for creating Transaction Variants

Step 1:

Execute transaction SHD0 and create a Transaction Variant against the original transaction.

Step 2:

As soon as you press the create button, the original screen of the transaction will appear. After pressing any button/tab on the screen a menu variant screen will appear. Make sure to check any field or tab or any button you want to disappear from the menu functions. Press the exit and save button when you are sure that no further settings are required on sub-screens (if present). After pressing the exit and save button another menu variant screen will appear. Press the save button here and save as a local object or under any development class.

Step 3:

When you are back on the Transaction Variant (SHD0) screen, press shift+F6 or click the goto menu and press the create variant transaction button. Through this transaction SE93 will be executed. Enter the transaction name you want to create and any other required field and now press the save button.

Step 4:

Now execute the transaction you create through create Transaction Variant and enjoy the results.

Case two for creating Transaction Variants

Step 1:

Create a dialogue transaction through SE93 and enter the program name and screen number of the original transaction you want to make a variant on (e.g., PFCG). Press the save button and check whether the replica transaction (PFCG) has been created successfully by executing it on a new session.

Step 2:

Execute transaction SHD0 to create a Transaction Variant. Specify the transaction name (replica of PFCG) which you have just created and create a Transaction Variant against the replica transaction.

Step 3:

As soon as you press the create button, the original screen of the transaction will appear. After pressing any button/tab on the screen a menu variant screen will appear. Make sure to check any field or tab or any button you want to disappear from the menu functions. Press the exit and save button when you are sure that no further settings are required on sub-screens (if present). After pressing the exit and save button another menu variant screen will appear. Press the save button here and save as a local object or under any development class.

Step 4:

When you are back on the main screen of the SHDO (Transaction Variant) click the edit option on the menu tab and activate Standard Variant. Through this a Standard Variant will be assigned to the transaction specified (replica transaction).

Note: Make sure you activate the Standard Variant against a replica transaction and not on the original.

Ranjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you posted in the wrong thread....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know answer to this question?

Regards,

Sandeep