cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Developer Studio - Can not make any change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Am currently using Developer Studion remotely and my uploaded projects are placed in a shared folder, i don't know why but I can not change any source file on a created WD application uploaded from DTR(there is a warning saying that they aren't "writeable"). Also, i can not open a new activity on my changes, what settings are missing on my developer studio folks?

Thanks,

André

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if u can't create activity, temporariliy right click on the file and remove the READ ONLY flag.

or

login to DTR if u can. Then select the source u want to modify. Click on EDIT. This will help to create new activity and continue.

/*Reward if helpufl

Former Member
0 Kudos

no dude, it's not so simple..am already logged to DTR and i got this message when i try to edit :

Checkout is not possible. See below for details.

The operation requires the writeability of the following Objects:

View com.company.bpo.hcm.PosChg

======>problem: DTR workspace is not modifiable /JDI_HRNEWCMP_Dorgnposcompany.com/src/packages/com/company/bpo/hcm/PosChg.wdview.xlf

======>problem: DTR workspace is not modifiable /JDI_HRNEWCMP_Dorgnposcompany.com/src/packages/com/company/bpo/hcm/PosChg.wdcontroller.xlf

======>problem: DTR workspace is not modifiable /JDI_HRNEWCMP_Dorgnposcompany.com/src/packages/com/company/bpo/hcm/PosChg.wdview

======>problem: DTR workspace is not modifiable /JDI_HRNEWCMP_Dorgnposcompany.com/src/packages/com/company/bpo/hcm/PosChg.wdcontroller

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try "Sync Sources" and then try to create and activity. Hopefully, it will work.

pradeep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since the project is already checked in, I recommend the following

a. Delete your local project

b. Create the project from Inactive DCs tab of the development configuration perspective. This should make the project editable.

c. When you change any resource in the project you need to assign it an activity

Best Regards,

Prasanna Krishnamurthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not working, i already did everything by usual ways i guess.

NWDS here is being used remotely(we access NWDS thru citrix) and the folder that we use to place our local projects also is in a remote machine(placed into a shared folder), I think the message that i got is more related to a specific problem regarding security/access on this shared folder, what do you think?

Thanks in advance,

André

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message is displayed when you create projects from active Dcs. Create projects from only Inactive DCs. Hope it helps.

Answers (0)