cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying Support Packs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am applying the support packs to my new test system.

is there a way where i can apply all Packs for Basis ABAP and HR at one go..instead doing that one at a time which consumes much time....

kindly help

thanks

saurabh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Lgin to Client 000 user with sap_all profile(not SAP*,DDIC)and Goto "SPAM"

In STATUS Click on Package Level button.

Expand the components like "SAP_BASIS" or "SAP_ABA",.........

then check the highest package level of SAP_BASIS,SAP_ABA.......

then Import the required patchelevel

then go to directory Select New support packages

Expand further and check if all the "Pre-requisites are fulfilled" by finding a tick mark for all requirements of packages maintained.

Then select the last package for that particular component "SAP_BASIS".

Right click and select "Define Queue".

It takes us to home page of "SPAM", where we can now see that all the packages to be imported has been defined in queue.

Click on "Import Queue" to start importing the support packages for that component and similary we can do for all the rest components.

regards

ajai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Saurabh,

Please follow the steps as mentioned below :-

1> Lgin to Client 000 and Goto "SPAM"

2> In "Directory" choose "All Support Packages"

3> Click on Display.

4> Expand the components like "SAP_BASIS" or "SAP_ABA",.........

5> Expand further and check if all the "Pre-requisites are fulfilled" by finding a tick mark for all requirements of packages maintained.

6> Then select the last package for that particular component "SAP_BASIS".

7> Right click and select "Define Queue".

8> It takes us to home page of "SPAM", where we can now see that all the packages to be imported has been defined in queue.

9> Click on "Import Queue" to start importing the support packages for that component and similary we can do for all the rest components.

Do let me know if this helped to resolve your problem.

Thank you.

Regards,

Manomeet

• Award points if helpful **

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can define the queue in SPAM . But there might be issues with few support packs if you include them in one queue. Check the Known issues with support packs note ( your version ) in market place , usually that will provide the valid quesues . But i prefer applying BASIS and ABA first

Thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can go with SP-stacks but this will update all the remining patches as well. If you want only BASIS, ABA and HR you can define starting and ending patch no in the que as Prince Said.

Regards,

Hari.

PS: Points are welcome.