cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax jurisdiction - plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having a problem when creating a purchase order for a particular plant in that I am being prompted for a tax jurisdiction code. This is because the plant does not have a tax jurisdiction code but it doesn't require one because the plant is in Mexico which does not tax. Problem is I can not find where in configuration to set this to 0 (zero) like other plants in Mexico. It is currently blank. Transaction code OMGJ is where I can view the tax jurisdiction code for plants in US but for obvious reasons the Mexico plants are not in this list. I can also not find a tax jurisdiction code in the actual plant address. Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Karen,

Put tax code blank in item details ->invoice

i think error will not come

Tax juridiction code will maintain below path refer this

if you want to maintain or remove juridiction code goto

Img->finacial accounting->financial accounting global settings->tax on sales/purchase->basic settings->define juridiction code

here remove or add your company juridiction code

Here only we maintain juridiciton codes

Hope this helps you

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info, but I don't think that will help. I am getting the message as trying to create PO and once I enter a tax jurisdiction of 0 then everything on PO is okay. I am trying to eliminate the prompt which I do not get on others plants in Mexico.

As far as doing on the company code that will not work as the plant is based in Mexico but the company code it is assigned to in a US company code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In that case you can change the field status from ' Mandatory' to Optional in field selection of your PO.

regards

venkadesh