cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

navigation connector

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was trying with navigation connectors with nodes defined in xml. I was able to display the navigation in the portal.

Problem:

- The links displayed in DetailLevelNavigation open up in IFRAME in portal content. I think this is to do with the property 'ISOLATED'. I don't want to display in IFRAME.

Since these links are provided in xml, i think connector doesn't know what needs to be done with this object (node). Is there way to specify property (ISOLATED) in xml or any method to override in the INavigationConnectorNode so that it will be displayed in the portal content instead of IFRAME.

/* Will be rewarded handfully

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your correct it does have to do with the ISOLATED value in the iview property. Depending on what version of the portal you are using, there should be one or two other options. Isolated will display in an IFRAME the other two values will not.

I think "embedded" will embed the html of the iview in the page and "url" will make it an IFRAME.

Switching it around and see if it helps.

Regards,

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for input..

yes, but some of these links displayed in DetailedNavigation come from PCD objects and some come from XML (new custom navigation controller). So the Connector knows for those with PCD objects (whether to embed or use iframe) but not for those which are coming from XML. I don't know what I need to do to implement in my new custom navigation connector.

hope i clarified.

Dan_Wroblewski
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your custom connector provides navigation nodes, each of which represents a page to be displayed in the content area. The content displayed is dependent on your launch URL.

The page, by definition, is isolated, as this is defined in the standard framework page.

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Daniel. I know this solution has to come from you.

But, I think I was not clear with my question.

What I have done till now.

There will be 2 connectors running

1) default ROLE Connector - this will get the structure depending the role associated.

2) custom XML Connector - i have some navigation node defined in the xml.

Also i have defined some merge ids for both xml and role based connector. So, the new merged structure displayed is GOOD. This now the behavior is fine.

Now, the links (coming from PCD objects) displayed in the Detailed Navigation when clicked are displayed in the Portal Content.

But, for those links (coming from XML) when clicked are also displayed in the Portal Content but within IFRAME.

Probably because for PCD objects we have property ISOLATED and the value is EMBEDDED. How will the new custom connector will get this property from navigation nodes defined in the XML file? As of now for new links coming from XML are rendered as IFRAME.

I am unable to figure it how i can make the new custom connector get this property? Is there any property in xml for navigation nodes defined ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

any clue

Dan_Wroblewski
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Hi,

The question is qhat launchURL are you using with your custom nodes? If they are to iViews, the isolation depends on the iView you link to.

Can you describe the scenario precisely: what is the launchURL? What is your framework page? What isolation do you want to control -- the page or an iView within the page?

Thanks.

Daniel

Answers (0)