Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Releasing 46B IdocSegment in 640 SAPECC5.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have one Idoc segment which was created by some developer in 2005. This segment showing release 46B in WE31.

Now SAP system is upgraded to ECC 5.0 and all the new created Idoc segments showing release 640 in WE31.

But problem is that i have to edit this old segment, so i am trying to release this segment, but WE31 is showing following error "EA259-Error while resetting release of segment". Also i can not delete/change this segment without release.

Please guide me how to release this older version Idoc Segment in ECC5.0 SAP.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry ... I never face this issue but please try to debug the program when you cancel the release. The error is occured in program LEDIJF05 when perform CHANGE_CLOSE_SEGDEF.

Other alternative is to create the new version with reference to old version and release it.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

3 REPLIES 3

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to edit the custom segment, you need to cancel the release and do the changes. Once done, you need to set the release.

Path: WE31 -> Edit (Menu) -> Cancel Release -> Do changes -> Save -> Edit -> Set Release.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

0 Kudos

Hi Ferry,

Thanks for reply.

But as I said above I am not able to cancel the release of this segment.

It showing error as i said in my first post.

Regards

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry ... I never face this issue but please try to debug the program when you cancel the release. The error is occured in program LEDIJF05 when perform CHANGE_CLOSE_SEGDEF.

Other alternative is to create the new version with reference to old version and release it.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto