cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DataSource becoming inactive

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have transported an active datasource from Dev to QA. I saw that it was active in QA. But as soon as i am triggering a load from an infopackage, the datasource turns inactive. I can't figure out the reason for this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had similar issue with most of our datasources in 7.0. So opened a note with SAP and they came back with the OSS Note below.

Note 1056060 - DataSource: Reactivation in the production system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Do the following:

1. Replicate the datasource at Application component Level. i.e. If your datasource is in an application component say, BW then right click on the application component "BW" and select "Replicate Metadata".

2. If you have transfer rules then activate them with program "RS_TRANSTRU_ACTIVATE_ALL".

I hope this will solve your problem. Let me know the results.

Assign points if helpful.

Regards,

Tej Trivedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think any scenario why the data source would be inactive as soon as you trigger a load. I would think either the datasource wasn't active the first place or the transport deactivated the DS. Either way, the solution is to activate the data source in Dev and move it and try it once again if that would happen again.

Technically thinking, the datasource is just structure of the fields definition, it has nothing to do with the triggering the load.

thanks.

Wond