cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Version in SEM BCS for US GAAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gurus

I have a question about special version in SEM becasuse I need a new version for US GAAP with this principles account but I wanna know if the information is equal in both version into the cube.

Let me explain, for the version US GAAP i need the same data that the original version but I have to post adjust like document manual only and to show a balance sheet with both principles.

How can I do it? please I need your help

thanks a lot

best regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lucio,

Information in the cube for two version, certainly, shouldn't be equal. Otherwise, what the reason of having these two versions?

Traditionally, in SEM-BCS data belonging to different accounting principles are stored in different consolidation areas, i.e. with different chart of accounts. It means that almost everything in these two version for two areas might be special and differ from each other.

However, for minimization of setting during confidurations, if some settings are the same and some not, theorethically it's possible to use the special versions in SEM-BCS to differentiate the differences.

SO, in general, there are two ways of achieveing what you need. Which one to use, dif. cons areas or special versions, is, IMHO, subject to expert valuation.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I`m using the version 100 for chart of acount LOCAL and principles account LOCAL, lately my user wants to know the functionality of SEM BCS for use the principles US GAAP, I created version 200 for this purpose. I understand that I should customizing special version but my doubt is if I have already the information for local GAAP then uniquely for the version 200 post adjustment an my reports would have two principles.

I dont Want do the same work two times only I want post adjustment

in version 200

Thanks I hope understand me

best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lucio,

Not sure that I fully understand you.

Consolidation chart of accounts is fixed in consolidation area. You cannot assign two CoAs to the same consarea.

But you can use two cons versions in the same consarea.

Probably, if the only difference in your two versions is presence of manual entries (adjustments) comparing with the other one, then you even may use the same settings in both versions, 100 & 200, even not using the special version 200.

To achieve this, place into the tasks monitor the task for manual entries, maybe with several methods assigned (which have different doc types assigned, for example for posting on 01 & 10 PL, with and without reversals).

The end user in version 100 may not execute this tasks, but does it in version 200. The data in both versions will differ by the end result.

Your customizing efforts will not be duplicated. Though, the end user job will.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What happen with the data in two version? if I want to report with version 100 for Local GAAP and I want to Report with version 200 I would`t have information in version 200 only I will have the adjustments and my balance Sheet wouldn`t be very well and it would`t be correct,

May be I`am wrong or I dont understand very well how work the version special becouse I think the end user will have to do the process of consolidation twice and I dont want this I want the same information the version 100 and modify this in version 200 only this

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lucio,

The end user may copy data and documents from one version to another one:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_02/helpdata/en/31/0a9940ccd42a54e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

But anyway, s/he will do consolidation separately, in BOTH versions.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Eugene

My currency group is MXN but my Reports are in USD, with all I have seen I think I will copy version 100 to version 200 the verison 100 are in MXN ( Mex GAAP)and the version are in USD (Report Us GAAP) then I need Two currencies

I don`t have nothing customizing yet

best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It is very useful for me, I think that Im going to do this, but my currency group is MXN and my reports for US GAAP are in USD the adjustments will be in USD in the new version can I do it that?

I`m using SEM BCS version 3.1 and coming soon we will have the version 4.0

have you ever work with this kind of reports LOCAL and US GAAP ???

Thanks Eugene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lucio,

Yes, I worked with local & Group currencies, not with these particular LOCAL and US GAAP.

I'm still not sure if we understood each other properly. -- Your Group currency is MXN, and your reports are in USD (the 2nd Group currency?). -- You need to make consolidation in two Group currencies? Or I misunderstood you?

Or you mean that your LOCAL currency is MXN and GROUP currency is USD. If the latter is correct than you don't need version and special version at all!

You lost me completely...

;=(((