cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adapter module to enhance File adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys

i need a small clarification regarding adapter modules.

is it possible via adapter modules to enhance the File adapter to such an extent that it can deliver files to two separate systems in separate landscapes.

i know i can design one more receiver determination and can also use Run OS command options,but modules in general give better performance compared to others so just wan't to explore a little bit more about them.

Thanx

Aamir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Modules will modify your message in anyhow you wish, but it won't affect the overall functioning of the adapter itself.

You might wanna develop a custom adapter, but sending to multiple receivers is just a matter of design, not custom development.

Why don't you use 1:n multimapping? (no need for bpm)

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Henrique

>>Why don't you use 1:n multimapping? (no need for bpm)

well actually we don't want to use multimapping coz eventually we will end up using multiple receiver determinations which we don't want(it takes quiet a bit of system resources and time),i m trying to make modules work a little bit like scripts,where it will accept the file and send it to one receiver,then for the second receiver the communication channel will handle the delivery.

definitely developing our own adapters is an option

thanx

Aamir

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Aamir,

yeah, they do take a lot of resources, but that's how XI was built to work.

What you're trying to do is a workaround and may not get support from SAP.

If I have understood right, you still wanna maintain the endpoint connection data in the communication channels but want to acces them directly without going through the technical routing pipeline, is that so?

If that's it, I'm sorry but I cannot help you any further.

The only way I know of accessing adapters without going throught technical routing is by using lookup API (RFC, JDBC, Soap) but it is not intended for endpoint scenarios (insert, update etc), mainly for simple read (lookups).

If maintaining the connection data outside adapters is not a concern, you could try to create the connections directly in Java code, inside java proxies.

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Henrique

right now what we are thinking is that we will write a adapter module that will run on the receiver side,now this module will deliver the file to the first receiver(via EJB),after that we will have the standard SAP module which will deliver the file to second receiver via communication channel.

lemme talk to the SAP dev. team and see what solution they have

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx guys

as of now we are goin for Perl Script but we will try to explore the performance and advantage of EJB over perl and will go with the best option later on.

Thanx

Aamir

Answers (0)