cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Transaction Properties in a BLS Calculated Column Action

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'd like to create a new column using the calculated column action that is the product of an existing column and the value stored in a transaction property. I can't see how to use a transaction property in the expression.

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Dave,

How's everything going in Texas? Hope all is well. If you have the training materials for the TPMII2 class, in lab #13 there is an example of what you are looking for. Jeremy is correct with have the #Transaction.Property# specified in the configuration of the Calculated Columns action (shown in lab) to have the equation modify at runtime. Hope this helps.

-Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Sam - sorry, Jeremy!

That did work. When I tried it the first time, I had misspelled the property name. Spell it right and the formula works as advertised.

And sure enough - a very nice example was right there in my TPMII2 manual for Lab13.

Everything's going OK here, Sam. We've got six of our thirty-five metrics up to our staging server and the plant seems to like what they see. Unfortunately our main plant contact just got transferred so we're having trouble getting the details we need for our work. A small roadblock but hopefully short-lived.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

David

Say, ur existing column = A and Transaction Property Value = T (Must be defined in Transaction Properties by simply adding a new property with proper Data Type).

Then in Calculated Column Action > Right Click > Configure Links > Link Editor > Expression : <b>Transaction.T <operator> A</b> here <operator> is ur required operation like +, -, * etc to be used for calculation.

Regards

Som

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, guys!

Jeremy - I had previously tried typing in Transaction.<property name> in the Expression field but it just returned zero for the result. I hadn't thought about encasing Transaction..<property name> in #'s but I just tried it and it had the same effect - zeros.

Som - I'll need something to link that expression <b>Transaction.T <operator> A</b> to, wouldn't I?

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I know that the configure dialog doesn't give you any clues, but have you just tried adding Transaction.PropertyName or #Transaction.PropertyName# in your calc column formula? The same should be true for Local.PropertyName. Just try one way and then the other, using the tracer to see the output of the calc action results.

Regards,

Jeremy