Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant or Storage location ?

former_member1031088
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts ,

Here is the scenario, the client i am working with has its material sent to a location in south africa which is basically a 3rd party logistic company ...which distributes the material to different places ...what will be the right way to map this org structure in SAP .Do we need to make that as plant and storage location .Cause the client also want to valuate its materials which it had sent to the 3PL company in south africa...If i am not wrong,if we need to valuate material it has to be done at plant level.......Please advise .

What are the other informations do i need to get from the client to exactly decide that as a plant or storage location ....

Regards

Albert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Albert.

When you say that you will be sending the materials to a "3rd Party Logistic Company". A few questions to understand the requiremnet better.

1. Have you created this company as a customer or logistic vendor?

2. If the sales order will be used for sending the materials as reference document?.

1. What really strikes me is that this kind of situation will be beter dealt if you created the

3rd Party Logistic Company" as customer then create a consignmnet fill up sales order for sending the material. Even if the material is with the customer as consignmnet , material will be valuated at US Plant.Once "3rd Party Logistic Company" delivers the goods to distribution channel the consignment issue will take place..

2. Else you create the "3rd Party Logistic Company location" as a "Plant " and use the functionality of Stock Transport Order to transfer from "US Plant" to "SA Plant".

Hope its helps you.

Thanks ,

Tausif

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Albert,

Deliver goods from south africa in PO third party scenario and after that use that po number to deliver goods to different locations

like make it your client is plant and south africa is storage location and transfer goods to different storage locations or places

is this scenario suitable

Prem

former_member1031088
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prem

Really appreciate your answer . But i dint get it . We send material from US to the location in south africa, which is a 3PL company.Client is in US but want to know what quantity of materials are there in that location (S Africa). Also client want to valuate the materials that are there in that location .Will that be a right way to map that location as storage location with a plant ....Please advise...

Regads

Albert.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Albert,

client in US assume US plant.and you are sending material from US to south africa then you send along with invoice so that people when see that mean invoice they will find out the how many goods one more quetion is yours is how they assume wich type of goods before they receiving goods they will send to you already PO or any internal doc according that only you prepared and send to them that material

one more quetion is how they valueate when they recieve your invoice they will enter their inventory and they will invoice that goods and pay along with invoice reciept or any other ways like bank accounts or checks

Hope this helps you

Prem.