cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message not visible in SXMB_MONI(IDoc to File Scenario)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have an IDoc to file scenario.I have a custom developed IDoc in the Sender SAP R/3 system.After distributing the IDoc in SAP R/3 system when I check in transaction WE02 ,I see that the IDoc is sent to XI(Status 03).

However my message is not visible in transaction SXMB_MONI.

I have defined a port for the sender system in IDX1. I have loaded the required metadeta in IDX2.

I have also checked the inbound queues.

However I am unable to find the error.

Are there any additional settings required which I am missing?

Kindly help me with the same.

Thanks & Regards,

Vanita.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The path of the IDOC will be like Sender -> XI -> Receiver. So, in WE20 of Sender R/3 system, the o/b parameters shud contain a port pointing to XI but not the Receiver. This is because, the immediate receiver of the IDOC is XI, though the ultimate reciver is not XI.

Guys, what say you all??

pravin

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You donot require to do any ALE configuration in XI.Idocs are posted to XI via idoc adapter .Please check wether your partner profile entries and RFC entries are correct.Go to business system and check the adapter specific identifiers are in sync with the SLD..etc..

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

and also it should correspond to the LS name which you specified in the SLD of the reciever third party system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have imported the metadata in IDX2, it got imported correctly.

How do I try using the ALE layer in XI.

Are there any settings to configure the same.

If I do so then how will IDoc-xml be generated.

Any clue as to why its not working?

Thanks & Regards,

Vanita.

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Vanita,

I assume here that you must have written a custom report or FM to send the idoc from the SAP R/3 system. If this is the case then after the call to MASTER_IDOC_DISTRIBUTE FM can you please make sure that you have issued a commit.

Incase you are sending using test tool(we19) and still idoc is not getting posted then there is some setting which you may have missed.

Regards

Sidharth

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It should be the logical system name of Reciever and not the XI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vanita,

Check these links, hope they help to fix your issue.

/message/568540#568540 [original link is broken]

Regards

Vishnu

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you go to the ID and check the sender business system adapter specific identifers and check for the consistency from the SLD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks a lot.

But my problem still remains.Let me detail out the settings I have followed.

In the Sender System.

1.WE20(Partner Profiles):Maintained Outbound Parameters for the Logical System name of the <b>Receiver</b> as mentioned in SLD.

2.WE21(Port)

3.SM59(Connection to XI)

In XI

1.IDX1

2.IDX2

3.IR

4.ID

SLD

1.Logical system name for the Sender System

2.Logical system name for the Receiver System

I have checked in Transaction SM58 of the Sender System.

However I do not see any error there.There is no list created, which means that IDoc has left the Sending System ,So is there a possibility that there a problem with the IDoc Adapter.

If so then how do I solve it?

Kindly help me.

Thanks & Regards,

Vanita.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vanita,

1) Did the IDoc go out from the sender system:

- Verify that the IDoc Status is 03 (WE02 or BD87)

- Check that there are no tRFC errors (SM58 or BD87)

2) Did the IDoc get to XI

- Verify that XI Received the IDoc (IDX5)

3) Did XI Process the message

- Check for the message in monitoring (SXMB_MONI)

Thanks,

Jesse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jesse,

Yes the IDoc was Sent with Status 03,also there are no tRFC errors in SM58.

However I dont see any XML message in IDX5 for the IDoc.

One more question normally in ALE interface we create a Model View and distribute the same.

Now here in the case of XI do we need to create a Model View and distribute it to XI.

Also in the Partner Profiles for Outbound parameters do I use the Logical system name of <b>XI</b> or the Logical System name of the <b>Receiver</b> as mentioned in SLD.

Since no IDoc-XML is generated could there be a problem with the IDoc Adapter if so then how can I find that out.

Thanks & Regards,

Vanita.

former_member185751
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What output mode are you using to send the Idocs from R/3 - "Transfer Idocs Immediately" or in "Collect Idocs" Output mode ?

If you are using "Transfer Idocs Immediately" it may be can you try setting it to "Collect IDocs" mode and pushing it once.

Also log into XI and try importing the meta-data of the related IDoc manually (tcode: IDX2)... this way you know that R/3 and XI can communicate without any missing role related problems.

Regards,

Sridhar

bhaskar_ghandikota
Participant
0 Kudos

try the ALE layer