Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiscal Year/Period Variable Offset!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

We're in BI 7.0. Our Bex has SP 1.

I think variable offset is an issue in BI 7.0.

My first attempt was to try it with 'Calendar Day' (0CALMONTH) and it didn't work.

Then I tried it with 'Fiscal Year/Period'. I set two variable offset with -1, -2. I want to get 3 prev periods info including current period.

With Calendar Day, I didn't see any data in the analyzer which is not correct. There's data loaded for those months.

But with Fiscal Year/Period, I'm getting an error saying: "Unable to move variable_name; fiscal year variant is ambiguous'.

I read in the forum that we need fiscal year variant with fiscal year period. I'm not sure if I'm using it correctly.

Can some one please Please please help me with some clues/suggestions? Thanks a lot in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Syed,

Bring the characteristic Fiscal Year Variant into your query and set a filter on it to your company's Fiscal Year. Normally most companies only have the one so it wont be hard to pick the correct option from the list.

Fiscal Period is a compounded characteristic of Fiscal Year Variant.

Regards

Gill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Gillian. This is working now.

However, I'm seeing the same result as before which is: no values for the previous periods and there's data in those periods.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Syed,

Maybe it's not the time periods that causing the issue. What other characteristics have you set filters on in your query.

Is it worth removing any filtered values, run your query and start drilling in a characteristic at a time to see what the values are posted against?

Regards

Gill

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gill -

Thanks again for the response.

I don't have any other filters in my query.

But I'm using the same variable in the filter and using that same one for the offset. I'm thinking because of the filter I'm not seeing the data for the other months. So I'm using a different variable for the filter and kept the original varable the same for the offset. But when I run the query I get two variables (same ones actually) in my filter (prompt).

Could you please share your thoughts on this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gill -

I think its working now. I removed the filter and now I can see data. Thanks a lot for your help! Points assigned!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Syed,

Good stuff. I know you have the issue resolved, when I say your last post I had one though. If you have the restriction on time parameter in either the Filter or Free Characteristics it would have restricted the entire results area by there. Where as if you had the restriction to select a period and another to do the offset in your columns or rows it would work.

Glad you are sorted now,

Regards

Gill

Answers (0)