cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Content Administration -> Multiple Property Replacement" not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to change the value of a the property with ID "SupportedUserAgents" in all the iViews in my folder. I followed as it is stated in <http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/44/ccf6bf687f3b9ae10000000a1553f6/content.htm> and changed the value of the property and the final report says that all the matches were replaced successfuly without any errors. But when I go back to any of the iViews and see the value of the property "SupportedUserAgents" I realise that the replacement did not happen. Am I missing something here?

I want to add some more info to this. The value of the property "SupportedUserAgents" should be selected from a dropdown and the dropdown contains these values

1) (MSIE, >=5.5, *) (Netscape, *, *) (Mozilla, *, *)

2) (MSIE, >=5.5, *)

3) (Netscape, *, *) (Mozilla, *, *)

Now as stated in the above link, I am trying to replace the value of the property "SupportedUserAgents" to (,,*) which is not there in the dropdown list (the above 3 values). So is it correct to do it in for dropdown fields?

Useful answers will be definitely rewarded

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

any ideas ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

This might sound dumb.. but have you tried to use the same with only one iview?

if not then try this..

my guess is that instead of selecting content inside folders you have selected only folder... Just give it a try..

Hope this helps.

rgds

Dan_Wroblewski
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Fanatic,

(1) Do you want to change the value in the dropdown box, or the actual value? I can change the actual value, but it will not appear in the dropdown -- -- Select – will appear (indicating no value) but in fact the value has been changed, which you can see in the PCD inspector.

(2) I used the Multiple Property tool also. Are you changing the value by putting in the value and changing it to a new value, or are you specifying the property ID and a new value? I did the second.

Daniel

P.S.: Will you reveal your secret identity?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use PCD Inspector to check if the value is changed or not. Hope this helps.

Reward with points if useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Daniel, You are right the changed value is not appearing in the dropdown (when i see in the iView properties). I used the PCD Inspector and found that the values is indeed being changed. Thanks for your response.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Haydn. Yes I am looking to remove the restrictions and I want the iviews to be available for all versions of all browsers (as stated in help.sap)

Is there any way to do that?

I found a workaround which does not use the "Multiple Property Replacement tool". We can go to and add a property named "SupportedUserAgents" with value "(,,*) in all the component profiles(portalapp.xml) for all the components

But I am looking out for a more easy way to solve this issue. Any ideas are welcome.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since its a dropdown list id be very surprised if it would accept what would amount to invalid values.

I assume you are endevouring to set it back to blank - ie no restrictions?

Haydn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just add some more info, I tried to replace the value of the property with one of the existing values in the dropdown and its working fine eg: (MSIE, >=5.5, ). So can't we replace it with a value like (,,) which is not there in the dropdown..then does that mean help.sap was wrong(which asks to replace the value with (,,*)) or am I missing something here.

help.sap link - <http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/44/ccf6bf687f3b9ae10000000a1553f6/content.htm>

Regards.