cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection-Timeout on a datasource, what does it signify?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have been trying to configure some of the parameters to the datasource. One of them is the expiration policy. This includes the cleanup thread interval in seconds and a Connection-Timeout in seconds. I can understand the cleanup thread interval. However what exactly does the Connection-Timeout signify?

Is it the maximum amount of time the connection can be present in the pool after which it is closed? If so, consider a case where the connection is in use by the application when this connection-timeout value is reached. Will the server terminate this in-use connection because of the connection-timeout?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member273222
Participant
0 Kudos

I assume you're talking about "Connection Lifetime?" I believe it is the time the connection will be sustained after its last use. If it's 60 seconds, then the connection will close if it's been idle for 60 seconds. That way you don't have connections open that aren't being used.

Check this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/2d/292391fa6745488f3e0e0d4b03c64e/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Glen,

Thanks for that link. That's exactly what i was looking for.

Connection Lifetime
	A period in seconds, after which the connection expires if  it is not in use

It's clear now. In my attempts at finding some documentation related to this property, i somehow missed this one. Thanks again

Answers (0)