cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Parameter ID

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have need for the users to be able to default Delivering plant at the sales order

header level. This is a user specific requirement to assist certain

users in entering this data correctly and with as few "clicks" as

possible. I looked at the technical data for this field and there does

not seem to be a parameter ID assigned to it. Is there any other way to

accomplish this or is it possible to create a parameter ID for it? We

have recommended that they use the set/hold data functionality in the

interim but they would like this data stored permanently so they do not

have to enter it everytime they logon...

Please advice.

Thanks and Regards,

Shubha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubha,

The delivering plant information defaults from the material. The shipping tab in sales order displays the delivering plant information for a particular material.

But i am not sure why you want it to be copied at the header level because in an order two diff materials can be ordered from say two diff plants and in that case the header field (delivering plant) wont work for you, right???

also the delivering plant in the header wont pop unless you have entered materials, thoug if you have only one plant you can default it through custmizing i believe or using ABAPers help.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shubha,

Some times we will maintaine default in user level using parameter but some time we can maintain this in previous functions maintain.so which function do you need default in sales order i may be help you

Prem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pream, Thanks for your help. I am not sure I understand what you mean by function in this context. What we need to do is to have the delivery plant defaulted (to a specific value) for a user when she goes to the main screen of the Sales order create transaction : VA01.

Does that information help at all. If not would you mind giving me an example of the kind of information you are looking for?

Thank you so much.

Shubha