cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

diff.between Infosource and Datasource

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts,

i have small confusion between Infosource and Datasource,how many types of infosouces and data sources what they are.

thanks & regards

venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Venkata

Data source: It provides the data of source system,created in source systenm side and then replicated in BW side

InfoSource: It is the source of meaningfull data for data target...created in BW side..it is basically logical pool of data ( no physical storage) from one or different data source...

Thanks

Tripple k

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi tripple,

it has clear to me

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Infosource: infosource is astructure in which infoobjects are loggically grouped together... infosource describes a source of business information...

basically it describes the quantity of all data available for a business transction or a type pof business process....(source of business information)

in <b>3.5</b> it has two types of infosource... flexible update(transction data) and direct update (master data)

core parts: communiation structure and transfer structure...

and infosourc in <b>7</b> you logicallcy group striaght infoobjects......

Datasource: A datasource describes a specific source of data on a specific source system... technical point of view the data source description includes information about the extraction process and data transfer process and it provides the option to store the data transfered to sap bw in thePSA

TYPES OF DATASOURCE:

datasource for transction data

datasource for char attributes

datasource for texts

datasource for hierarcy (att,texts, hier are master data datasources)

hope it is clear....

if helpful reward with points..

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi GURU,

thanks for your responce, it has clear to me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Datasource is one which provides the data available in the tables to the BW System.A group of fields which are coming from one or more tables is called as datasource.Data will not be resided in the datasource.It will be present in the Tables.Using Datasource we extract the data into BW.

Coming to Infosource.

InfoSource is on the BW which contains all the InfoObjects. It contains transfer structure and communication structure. Transfer structure is actually the structure similar to the R/3 Datasource structure and comm. structure contains all the InfoObjects.

Hope this Clears

Regards

KArthik

Assign points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi karthik,

thanks for your responce, it has clear to me