cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning for subassmeblies for configurable product

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, We are using Material Type = KMAT.

With Variant configuration, customer selects the characteristic values.

This leads to creation of 1st level BOM on saving the sales order.

All these 1st level BOM subassemblies are with procurement type "E" and Special procurement type="52". No GRs are made on these subassemblies.

We get the sales orders throughout the month. To respond to the demand, we intend to plan these subassemblies(without making GRs for the subassmelies) in MRP.

At MRP time, based on sales interactions, upto 60% of the subassembly demand is know.

Question 1:How do we capture the demand of these subassemblies for MRP?

(When sales orders are not created)

Question 2: If these subassemblies are fed as PIR in MD61, will SAP consume the PIRs when sales orders come?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

AS I UNDERSTOOD

KMAT material A

its BOM item

B(SPK-52)

C(SPK-52)

B's BOM

B1(stg 70)

B2(stf 70)

You need to have a stg 70 for subassemblies and enter the qty in demand management

You should not use 52 -collective order for 1st level BOM.

Then with stg 70, when you run MRP. Then the requirement for these assemblies are getting netted off with the qty you have enetered in stg 70.

You cannot have Both i.e. 52/sales order and demand plan to net off. i.e.

KMAT material A

its BOM item

B(SPK-52) and stg 70

C(SPK-52) and stg 70

please come back if required

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir, Thanks for the input.

1) PIR feeding for subassemblies is done in anticipation sales orders.

Please guide on the situation when the actual actual sales order requirements is higher than the PIR fed for the subassembly.

2) As on date, we are not making GRs for the subassemblies(These are E52). The stg 70 might need GR posting for each of the subassemblies. Can the GR making be avoided?

Pl guide.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have niot understood your querry.

I told for assembly B you can have stg 70. and assembly A you can have 52.

Now the requirement for assembly B(qty what you get from sales order or through collective order) is more than what you eneterd in PIR, then PIR will be zero that is it.

For assembly B, yes GR not required as it is automatically done if you have setting in IMG-

OPJH

check box - collective order wuth goods movement - should be ticked

For sub assemblies...GR is required ther is no option, if required you can go for some background job function

Please come back if you need more help...with the example Im explained so that I will give more input required..

Answers (0)