cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

idocs and function modules

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All

What are the generic IDoc types and function modules used for the following objects ??We are on SAP R/3 4.7.And How do i judge which IDOC types and function module fit my requirement(ex: For po creation i have pordcr01,pordcr02,pordcr03 how do i know which idoc type suits our req best)?

Invoice Release (inbound)

Payments (outbound)

Purchase Orders (outbound)

Goods Receipts (outbound)

Cost Centers (outbound)

GL Codes (outbound)

Internal Orders (outbound)

WBS (outbound)

Materials (outbound)

Invoices (inbound)

Invoices Blocked (outbbound)

Any help will be very much appreciated

Thank you

Steve

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Steve,

e are on SAP R/3 4.7.And How do i judge which IDOC types and function module fit my requirement(ex: For po creation i have pordcr01,pordcr02,pordcr03 how do i know which idoc type suits our req best)?

Steve, whenever you see idoc type with new version number / next number i.e. pordcr01/02/03.....SAP release new version for same idoc type with additiona fields...For eg. pordcr02 will have all fields of pordcr01 and some additional fields...similar to 03 on 02....n so on...so every new version will have additional fields( sap release them with there new versions R3.1-->R 4.6 -->R4.7

Its always better to go with latest available version in r/3 system..in your case pordcr03 would be latest with all additional fields.:)

In additions to prateek list..check out this link...would be helpful.

http://searchsap.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid21_gci1230385,00.html

Let us know if you need more details.

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>And How do i judge which IDOC types and function module fit my requirement

let say you need to get some data (X,Y,Z) from SAP ,then if IDOC or FM(BAPI) capable of bringing that data from SAP then you can just use them otherwise you have to develop your own FM or through Proxies.

hope helped bit.

Babu

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

U may find the idocs here

http://www.erpgenie.com/sapedi/message_types.htm

The documentation abt each idoc could be found using tcode we60

Regards,

Prateek